Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Ownership Discussion banner
6,281 - 6,300 of 7,959 Posts
Didn’t you pay ADM?
6K, I’m an open book. That’s after turning down 2 at 10K and calling numerous dealers who told me there’s no way.

18K adm is 3X what I paid and prices up a tier to tons of other cars. I mean it’s that dudes money and he’s probably loaded, but if I was looking to pay around 65K OTD for a car, I would probably get an M340i xDrive.

For what I payed there really isn’t anything else. No way your getting CTR for that right now. Still not enough for a Golf R. Hyundai N is a fun option but I do not trust them mechanically.

I don’t regret my purchase at all. I have a tiny payment by todays standards and honestly am blown away by the car, even while keeping it relatively corked.

6K, I’m an open book. That’s after turning down 2 at 10K and calling numerous dealers who told me there’s no way.

18K adm is 3X what I paid and prices up a tier to tons of other cars. I mean it’s that dudes money and he’s probably loaded, but if I was looking to pay around 65K OTD for a car, I would probably get an M340i xDrive.

For what I payed there really isn’t anything else. No way your getting CTR for that right now. Still not enough for a Golf R. Hyundai N is a fun option but I do not trust them mechanically.

I don’t regret my purchase at all. I have a tiny payment by todays standards and honestly am blown away by the car, even while keeping it relatively corked.
You kind of missed the point. You paid 6k, but appalled at 18k? For many people here, it doesn’t matter if it’s 1k, 20k, or anything in between. ADM is ADM. 6k, 10k, 18k, meh. Many of us refuse to pay CE $ for a Core, period. Not paying Supra money for a Core or Golf R money for a Core. It’s a 40k car, in fact 39k and some change for a fully loaded model.

Nobody is telling you to regret anything. Your life, your money. I can easily afford a whole level above this car. So it’s not about what I can afford. I’m just not giving money away for free. It’s just quite odd reading that someone who pays ADM, $6000 worth of it, has such an issue with 18k ADM. Do you understand why so many have a problem with ADM? It hurts other buyers.

You kind of missed the point. You paid 6k, but appalled at 18k? For many people here, it doesn’t matter if it’s 1k, 20k, or anything in between. ADM is ADM. 6k, 10k, 18k, meh. Many of us refuse to pay CE $ for a Core, period. Not paying Supra money for a Core or Golf R money for a Core. It’s a 40k car, in fact 39k and some change for a fully loaded model.

Nobody is telling you to regret anything. Your life, your money. I can easily afford a whole level above this car. So it’s not about what I can afford. I’m just not giving money away for free. It’s just quite odd reading that someone who pays ADM, $6000 worth of it, has such an issue with 18k ADM. Do you understand why so many have a problem with ADM? It hurts other buyers.
It depends on what you're paying ADM for. A limited edition Circuit or Morizo, sure. They'll be rare and if you pass on one because it has ADM, you might not find another. But a Core that will be plentiful for the next few years? Hell no. You can literally make (6k in this case) by just waiting. Money saved is money earned. But with limited edition cars that's not an option. You wait, they're gone.

I mean you certain seem to be telling me to regret it? 🤷‍♂️

If you grab a car for MSRP that’s awesome congrats. I’m literally just replying to your question of me and you’re all “you missed the point, your hurting us!!”.

It’s a product for sale and I bought it in a fair transaction after some negotiation. Dealers are dealing and mark ups have been going on things as mundane as RAV4s in the last few years and will keep going for quite some time.

If it makes you feel any better about “hurting the community” 3k was add ons and 3k was purely lighting cash on fire. I consider that a 6k adm but others may not. Just being clear.

Value is subjective. The real price of things is what people are willing to pay for. People have different time preferences as well. Some may value X ADM to get the car now over waiting to get the car later with Y ADM. And for others it's different.

Even if Toyota markets the car at MSRP, anything could happen. You don't deserve the car at that price if no one is willing to sell it at that price (I mean unless you want to make it yourself). The good news is that this isn't the reality, and just waiting a little longer for the long-time preference folks is going to do them well.

Value is subjective. The real price of things is what people are willing to pay for. People have different time preferences as well. Some may value X ADM to get the car now over waiting to get the car later with Y ADM. And for others it's different.

Even if Toyota markets the car at MSRP, anything could happen. You don't deserve the car at that price if no one is willing to sell it at that price (I mean unless you want to make it yourself). The good news is that this isn't the reality, and just waiting a little longer for the long-time preference folks is going to do them well.
Not really. In reality it’s a public forum, not everyone needs to know what you paid but if you’re willing to share it and you’re okay with it, it’s whatever.

Soon after all the hype dies down and people jump off the bandwagon, these conversations won’t even come up again until they become used/discontinued “collectors”

Until then it’s beating a dead horse from both angles.

I mean you certain seem to be telling me to regret it? 🤷‍♂️

If you grab a car for MSRP that’s awesome congrats. I’m literally just replying to your question of me and you’re all “you missed the point, your hurting us!!”.

It’s a product for sale and I bought it in a fair transaction after some negotiation. Dealers are dealing and mark ups have been going on things as mundane as RAV4s in the last few years and will keep going for quite some time.

If it makes you feel any better about “hurting the community” 3k was add ons and 3k was purely lighting cash on fire. I consider that a 6k adm but others may not. Just being clear.
No. It’s just odd someone who paid 6k ADM is now appalled about ADM that is higher than what they paid. It’s a bit hypocritical. The point was to get you to understand why people are set on MSRP in the first place. They think ADM of you what you paid is ridiculous. You think paying more ADM than you did, is ridiculous. Sliding scale I guess.

But Jeonsa said to get back on topic so the topic is moot.

Yes. I believe it went from allocation status to freight status on January 13th. Nothing has changed since then. Nothing.
That's weird, unless it has to move by rail before it gets loaded on a truck?

Mine hit F and then within a couple hours it was gone from the tracker and the toyota search site.

But let’s get back on topic, this week is suppose to be the next batch of allocations people.
Dealer texted me earlier this week confirming this- they expect to get one allocated this week and keep me posted. Last allocation seemed to roll in Friday night on the Toyota inventory tracker so that's when I'll be checking.

Reactions: Jeonsa
My salesman keeps telling me that he's sure it's already on the train, but there is absolutely nothing to substantiate that. The estimated processing date keeps getting pushed out but nothing else changes.
FWIW Toyota Tracker was dead on with my VIN. The car showed in transit to dealer then delivered accurate to the day.

Reactions: Cptnslo
6,281 - 6,300 of 7,959 Posts