Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
6121 - 6140 of 6284 Posts

· Registered
15 WRX, Sienna, GR86
276 Posts
Not coming from my dealer, but I'm following my status and ETA on the vspec page. It's changed at least 6 times in the last 12 hours. ETA went out 2 days, 5 days, came back, went out. Went to G but had longest ETA I've seen. Now slowly coming back and ETA is as soon as tomorrow. lol, wtf they doing with this car?! I'm guessing it will be at the dealer tonight or tomorrow.

· Registered
213 Posts
I'm just being transparent with my experience so others can make a decision. You wanna see some real cringe go dig around in the facebook groups lol.
Facebook is cringe central. Salesman making post for cores with 15k markup, people trying to sell parts on their 2021 corolla hatch, and just general chaos and name calling.

I may or may not be part of the name calling...

· Registered
622 Posts
Facebook is cringe central. Salesman making post for cores with 15k markup, people trying to sell parts on their 2021 corolla hatch, and just general chaos and name calling.

I may or may not be part of the name calling...
That Facebook page is pure cancer. So many Type R shills that seem to be in the group only to say that the Type R is better, lol.

Reactions: JTBros

· Registered
213 Posts
That Facebook page is pure cancer. So many Type R shills that seem to be in the group only to say that the Type R is better, lol.
Type R shills and salesmen with nothing more to say than "It will sell. You are dumb for thinking 10k over isn't fair."

Reactions: Sparkko

· Registered
517 Posts
Car has apparently been built and is set to get into port on February 2nd. Keeping fingers crossed to get it before the end of February, but more likely early March.
My car arrived in port on December 29th. It is now January 25th, and I still have nothing to indicate the car has left Portland yet. My salesman says he firmly believes that it's already on a train bound for Chicago, but has absolutely nothing to back that up other than his gut feeling. Toyota's website still does not show any movement from Portland almost 1 month out now. I'm incredibly frustrated by it, but there's not a damn thing I can do about it. I sincerely hope yours goes faster, but I wouldn't count on it.

· Registered
329 Posts
Just to add what happened with my GRC.
Basically no record of the Vin ever showed up, and still hasn't on the tracker.
Dealer called me last Thursday saying they are expecting it in a few weeks, texted me an hour later saying it was arriving overnight from Houston. Picked up the next day. Only showed on the "search inventory" for a few hours I think.

· Registered
517 Posts
Dealer called me last Thursday saying they are expecting it in a few weeks, texted me an hour later saying it was arriving overnight from Houston. Picked up the next day. Only showed on the "search inventory" for a few hours I think.
Wow, that's crazy. Glad to hear you got yours so quickly. It boggles my mind though how completely different some people's experiences have been with the delivery process. There's someone else here on the forum whose car arrived in the same port the same day as mine, and he's also in Ohio. And yet my car is coming through Chicago, and his car was coming through New Mexico. How the hell does that even work?

· Registered
‘21 Tundra - Cavalry Blue
524 Posts
Man I wish I had a similar experience 🤣

· Registered
214 Posts
Far too many are just flat out impatient. I want it now attitude which is a bit like a toddler.

I have lived in the Seattle area before and know the place quite well, which is exactly why I left. Cost.
While I am being a bit impatient, it's not so much the timeline that kills me, its the ambiguity. I think the majority of this forum would be happy to wait a year or more to get exactly what spec and color want. Hell for that I'd put down 25% cash if Toyota would commit to build my actual order.

To this point, I think quite a few folks waiting on CEs are going to be pissed. Speaking to a few Toyota employed friends it sounds like the first wave of Cores are being sold because dealer owners, service managers, dealership groups 18 yr old son etc are holding out for CEs.

As for Seattle, you're 100% right. I grew up here and watching the place change over the last 15 years has been wild. I get paid, but sheesh if COL isn't constantly nipping at your heels.

Staying on topic. I'll update when I take delivery towards the end of Feb :)

· Registered
25 Posts
I have a pretty substantial update. I called a dealer yesterday and they quoted me nearly 10 ADM, but called me back today with a "no market adjustment" offer. Still a bunch of dealer installed options, but the dealer I have been on the list for ages at had those too. It seems the market is (thankfully) adjusting a lot faster that some may have thought. If this saleman isn't blowing smoke, this car should be here next week!

· Registered
15 WRX, Sienna, GR86
276 Posts
While I am being a bit impatient, it's not so much the timeline that kills me, its the ambiguity. I think the majority of this forum would be happy to wait a year or more to get exactly what spec and color want. Hell for that I'd put down 25% cash if Toyota would commit to build my actual order.
You're hitting on the key point of why Toyota's "order" process is so bad for customers, and essentially ensures that ADM will always be a thing, especially for GR cars. Uncertainty. What you said is exactly right. If all you had to do was put an order in and wait a known length of time, ADMs would be nowhere near as common or as high as they are now. Today, if you put "an order" in, even with a bigger dealer, any ETA they give you before receiving an allocation is a complete guess. And there is real a chance that they will never get your spec if it's at all narrow.

· Registered
31 Posts
I have a pretty substantial update. I called a dealer yesterday and they quoted me nearly 10 ADM, but called me back today with a "no market adjustment" offer. Still a bunch of dealer installed options, but the dealer I have been on the list for ages at had those too. It seems the market is (thankfully) adjusting a lot faster that some may have thought. If this saleman isn't blowing smoke, this car should be here next week!
I hope they don't do MSRP + BS add on. for $6000

· Registered
25 Posts
You're hitting on the key point of why Toyota's "order" process is so bad for customers, and essentially ensures that ADM will always be a thing, especially for GR cars. Uncertainty. What you said is exactly right. If all you had to do was put an order in and wait a known length of time, ADMs would be nowhere near as common or as high as they are now. Today, if you put "an order" in, even with a bigger dealer, any ETA they give you before receiving an allocation is a complete guess. And there is real a chance that they will never get your spec if it's at all narrow.
Agreed. Toyota's handling of the rollout was a compounding factor for me as well. Saying that cars will be hitting dealers in November on the main Toyota website, only to have a couple cars trickle into California...That's a tough look.

6121 - 6140 of 6284 Posts