Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
6081 - 6100 of 6285 Posts

· Registered
‘15 Ford Fiesta ST; '22 RAV4 Hybrid
302 Posts
Well folks, I’m purchasing a home… and a GR Corolla. Got the all clear to do both with my loan officer especially since the Fiesta payment will be dropping off. Dealer still doesn’t have build date but apparently I was #2 on the list behind someone in the service department, on the list since March of last year. Didn’t even remember being on the list and apparently it caught the sales rep by surprise as well lol.

Looking forward to this wait now.

· Registered
211 Posts
Well folks, I’m purchasing a home… and a GR Corolla. Got the all clear to do both with my loan officer especially since the Fiesta payment will be dropping off. Dealer still doesn’t have build date but apparently I was #2 on the list behind someone in the service department, on the list since March of last year. Didn’t even remember being on the list and apparently it caught the sales rep by surprise as well lol.

Congrats on both! A raise or 2 and you'll forget all about the stress you're feeling at the moment.

· Registered
62 Posts

That's awesome dude. Congrats on joining this long and wonderful journey of future GRC owners. Let us know how it goes....

· Registered
2017 Lexus IS350, 2007 Toyota Camry, 1995 Toyota MR2, 1996 Honda Acty
746 Posts
I just got a text from one of the salesman at Santa Barbara Toyota saying they had a white one on the ground, and that he sent me an email with the details.

These are the details :oops:

View attachment 6254
Update on this car courtesy of someone on Facebook. Goes to show that the market won't pay super high ADMs.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

· Registered
62 Posts
Update on this car courtesy of someone on Facebook. Goes to show that the market won't pay super high ADMs. View attachment 6724
That is an atrocious markup to even pay to begin with. They should def be blacklisted. That GR can rot for all I care in hell till someone crazy and stupid enough will pull this off.

· Registered
517 Posts
I haven't talked to my dealer yet today but found this online this morning. On the Toyota tracker my car went from allocation to freight status on the 13th of this month, and there's been no movement since then. For the last couple of days my car disappeared from the tracker, saying it was not a valid VIN even though I can clearly see it on Toyota.com with a window sticker showing that this is the permanent VIN. However this morning, it showed back up on Toyota tracker with a lower MSRP! The difference between the old MSRP and the new one is $179, which just happens to be the price of the all-weather floor mats. I know I had seen on here previously that those mats were on back order. So it would appear that they have deleted them from my vehicle, and yet there's still been no change in status since the 13th of the month. This is going to make me a little crazy. I'm fine with them deleting the mats off of there, since I can buy them cheaper myself at the dealership anyway. I wish they would have deleted the styling package instead. Nevertheless, I wonder how long it will actually take to get those mats.

· Registered
1,752 Posts
I haven't talked to my dealer yet today but found this online this morning. On the Toyota tracker my car went from allocation to freight status on the 13th of this month, and there's been no movement since then. For the last couple of days my car disappeared from the tracker, saying it was not a valid VIN even though I can clearly see it on Toyota.com with a window sticker showing that this is the permanent VIN. However this morning, it showed back up on Toyota tracker with a lower MSRP! The difference between the old MSRP and the new one is 179, which just happens to be the price of the all-weather floor mats. I know I had seen on here previously that those mats were on back order. So it would appear that they have deleted them from my vehicle, and yet there's still been no change in status since the 13th of the month. This is going to make me a little crazy. I'm fine with them deleting the maps off of there, since I can buy them cheaper myself at the dealership anyway. I wish they would have deleted the styling package instead. Nevertheless, I wonder how long it will actually take to get those mats.
I thought someone on here said they had ordered them and just installed them, I wanna say it was a week or 2

· Registered
‘15 Ford Fiesta ST; '22 RAV4 Hybrid
302 Posts
I haven't talked to my dealer yet today but found this online this morning. On the Toyota tracker my car went from allocation to freight status on the 13th of this month, and there's been no movement since then. For the last couple of days my car disappeared from the tracker, saying it was not a valid VIN even though I can clearly see it on Toyota.com with a window sticker showing that this is the permanent VIN. However this morning, it showed back up on Toyota tracker with a lower MSRP! The difference between the old MSRP and the new one is 179, which just happens to be the price of the all-weather floor mats. I know I had seen on here previously that those mats were on back order. So it would appear that they have deleted them from my vehicle, and yet there's still been no change in status since the 13th of the month. This is going to make me a little crazy. I'm fine with them deleting the maps off of there, since I can buy them cheaper myself at the dealership anyway. I wish they would have deleted the styling package instead. Nevertheless, I wonder how long it will actually take to get those mats.
Mine currently has nothing besides the staple 3 packages. Going to look into weather tech / husky mats, Thule racks (need to research), and buy the door sill protectors on my own.

· Registered
214 Posts
Gentleman I regret to inform I've given in. I am paying a markup of 6K to secure the exact spec I want. After calling 22 PNW area dealers and being told list is too long, we don't sell out of state, 10K+, I got a call back after someone walked on a white fully loaded core.

I have a deposit at an MSRP dealer but don't think I'd see the car until summer next year at this pace. Also, I haven't been able to verify if the 1st buyer actually got it at MSRP and the dealers being very vague. The reason I'm willing to fork out the additional is this is the color I want, with all packages.

Seeing the second wave start to land with a lot of base cars (or just missing the PP) is really disheartening to me. If my turn came up in a year and they got a few cars without PP I'd just about die.

Calling all these dealers really makes it hard for me to believe as many people posting on here are actually taking delivery at MSRP. Like seriously not even one tried to be vague about it or hint about lower pricing, they were always like "Sorry but you know the deal". But then again, it may just be us west-coasters getting hung out to dry. I guess anything's better then trying to secure one in CA. I know for a fact the black one I got to drive at Renton Toyota went for 10K over.

Okay, crucify me folks. My body is ready.

· Registered
576 Posts
Gentleman I regret to inform I've given in. I am paying a markup of 6K to secure the exact spec I want. After calling 22 PNW area dealers and being told list is too long, we don't sell out of state, 10K+, I got a call back after someone walked on a white fully loaded core.

I have a deposit at an MSRP dealer but don't think I'd see the car until summer next year at this pace. Also, I haven't been able to verify if the 1st buyer actually got it at MSRP and the dealers being very vague. The reason I'm willing to fork out the additional is this is the color I want, with all packages.

Seeing the second wave start to land with a lot of base cars (or just missing the PP) is really disheartening to me. If my turn came up in a year and they got a few cars without PP I'd just about die.

Calling all these dealers really makes it hard for me to believe as many people posting on here are actually taking delivery at MSRP. Like seriously not even one tried to be vague about it or hint about lower pricing, they were always like "Sorry but you know the deal". But then again, it may just be us west-coasters getting hung out to dry. I guess anything's better then trying to secure one in CA. I know for a fact the black one I got to drive at Renton Toyota went for 10K over.

I’ve turned down 2 cars at MSRP already because I’m waiting on a CE. I was offered a Black loaded core, and an Ice Cap with PP and tech. I could have bought either at MSRP. The problem is geographic areas. Some states have MSRP only dealers where it’s a real thing, others don’t.

And patience wins. I’m prepared to go into 2024, if need be, to get the color/trim I want. We are 2 months into a 4 year production run.

· Registered
214 Posts
I’ve turned down 2 cars at MSRP already because I’m waiting on a CE. I was offered a Black loaded core, and an Ice Cap with PP and tech. I could have bought either at MSRP. The problem is geographic areas.
Yep, that's what I figured. Mind sharing what state or region your located in?

Reactions: tyler500e

· Registered
1992 Toyota Paseo
366 Posts
Quick update: My car had an estimated arrival time of Jan. 29 - Feb. 2, and has now changed to Feb. 4 - 8. Currently, it's in transit to Toronto, which is weird, because I am 2 hours west of Toronto and both trains and trucks would drive by my city's dealer before reaching Toronto. Anyways, looks like my car go pushed back about a week (given the dealership's processing time and weekends).

· Registered
517 Posts
I haven't talked to my dealer yet today but found this online this morning. On the Toyota tracker my car went from allocation to freight status on the 13th of this month, and there's been no movement since then. For the last couple of days my car disappeared from the tracker, saying it was not a valid VIN even though I can clearly see it on Toyota.com with a window sticker showing that this is the permanent VIN. However this morning, it showed back up on Toyota tracker with a lower MSRP! The difference between the old MSRP and the new one is $179, which just happens to be the price of the all-weather floor mats. I know I had seen on here previously that those mats were on back order. So it would appear that they have deleted them from my vehicle, and yet there's still been no change in status since the 13th of the month. This is going to make me a little crazy. I'm fine with them deleting the mats off of there, since I can buy them cheaper myself at the dealership anyway. I wish they would have deleted the styling package instead. Nevertheless, I wonder how long it will actually take to get those mats.
Woo woo! I dug in a little deeper and discovered it's not the all-weather floor mats that got deleted, it's the door sill protectors. I didn't want those anyway! So I guess I'm totally cool with the change, but still waiting not so patiently for the car to arrive.

· Registered
2022 Toyota Sienna XSE | Celestial Silver + 2023 Toyota GR Corolla | Ice Cap
340 Posts

No need to crucify you... you are getting the car you want. Community is growing, this is what we all want. Congrats on the car!

· Registered
329 Posts

Nah, fuck it bruv! Look, we all make the decisions best for ourselves. If the stress, effort, time that you are able to alleviate is worth 6k to you, then its worth 6k. Do it and just live with it. If you aren't in the position to do it, then yeah think twice.

I paid ADM, and honestly I couldn't be happier! I'm so stupid excited to spend 8 hours doing a paint correction and ceramic coating myself this upcoming weekend. Driving is fun again! Definitely worth the ADM to be finished with everything for myself.

6081 - 6100 of 6285 Posts