Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
541 - 560 of 583 Posts

·
Registered
2017 VW GTI
33 Posts
Nope. Core first. Dealer said circuit allocations won't open til 2023. Core will open in summer
That creates something of an issue if someone is planning on holding out for a CE and there's the possibility that some dealerships might not even get one. I wouldn't want to be in that boat.

·
Registered
11 Posts
At the time of first contact(4/4),my salesman said I was the first to put down a deposit on a CE, but there were 2 deposits down already on Cores. So I took that as 2 separate lists. Touching base with him soon for any new info and will update if needed.
Spoke with my salesman today, and he informed me Toyota is only allocating 3 CE’s to the whole Chicago region! I asked why, and he said “they are all going out west.“ There goes my CE. So we started talking Cores and the allocation process and it may be Toyota sends Core a,b,c with random specs and says now sell em’. In other words it’s very likely they will NOT be made to order. I gave him my preferences of either red/white with both perf/tech packs and told him to keep me on the list w/my deposit until we know more. He’s speaking to a guy tomorrow who is suppose to be “very knowledgeable“ on the situation and will get back to me. If this whole thing is going to be a lottery which it sounds like it could be, I’m out until I can get exactly what I want. Silver lining for me….my dealer sells @MSRP always. So worst case scenario, I wait a year(or more) and grab a GRC @MSRP to my spec.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Spoke with my salesman today, and he informed me Toyota is only allocating 3 CE’s to the whole Chicago region! I asked why, and he said “they are all going out west.“ There goes my CE. So we started talking Cores and the allocation process and it may be Toyota sends Core a,b,c with random specs and says now sell em’. In other words it’s very likely they will NOT be made to order. I gave him my preferences of either red/white with both perf/tech packs and told him to keep me on the list w/my deposit until we know more. He’s speaking to a guy tomorrow who is suppose to be “very knowledgeable“ on the situation and will get back to me. If this whole thing is going to be a lottery which it sounds like it could be, I’m out until I can get exactly what I want. Silver lining for me….my dealer sells @MSRP always. So worst case scenario, I wait a year(or more) and grab a GRC @MSRP to my spec.
That would be fing retarded. 1500 CE and they only give MAYBE 100 too the entire east region.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got onto two waitlists today. One is one of the largest in the area and the other is a smaller one. Both said I was the first to ask so I'm first in line. Larger one claimed no info yet, they said probably next month they'll see allocations and info. I doubt that and I think it's probably hype/sales talk, so we'll see. Core edition since IDC about lookfast bits.

I'll be walking out the door if there's any markups or dealer required addons. I don't need the car that bad.

·
Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
1,545 Posts
I don't think Toyota build any cars to order. That's allocation process. You can bet a lot of the Core will not have the PP optioned. It seems silly but Toyota got to be so big by doing it their way...
Yeah we talked about it in another thread

·
Registered
206 Posts
Transmissions are a high tolerance specialty experience item. I’m not sure I’d want a dealership mechanic or someone other than the factory expert taking apart my brand new transmission and attempting to install/reshim my brand new differential…
I’ve always been told that a good rule of thumb is to leave transmission related stuff to the experts. There’s a lot that less experienced or moderately experienced folks can handle but the transmission is usually one of the most complicated parts of the vehicle…and one wrong move can cost you thousands

·
Registered
☆ 1991 Celica GTFour RC ☆ 2000 Grand Cherokee ☆
213 Posts
If people think patience is all they need to get a CE they're going to be sorely disappointed. I'm not in a huge rush to get a GRC but at the same time I'm not going to sit around waiting for a version that I'm never going to actually have the chance to buy.

The rear diff I imagine can be swapped as a whole unit, so it shouldn't be too bad to do. The front likely requires pulling the whole engine and trans out too. Either one I doubt would be a dealer installed option,

·
Registered
27 Posts
If people think patience is all they need to get a CE they're going to be sorely disappointed. I'm not in a huge rush to get a GRC but at the same time I'm not going to sit around waiting for a version that I'm never going to actually have the chance to buy.

The rear diff I imagine can be swapped as a whole unit, so it shouldn't be too bad to do. The front likely requires pulling the whole engine and trans out too. Either one I doubt would be a dealer installed option,
I was one thinking I was going to get a CE until I see the allocations systems are so poorly implemented. The CE in the west will likely be in collector's or flipper's hand or the boss of dealerships.

Honeymoon is over for me. After what I went through with Toyota corporate and one of their dealer, I am not that satisfy with Toyota in general after that negative experience. Although another dealer who I got another hatchback from a few months ago put me to their call list, they are only do just that because they are not acting until Toyota says.

I think my chances of getting anything is close to none and I feel better this way. I can just focus on other things in life and save some money for the Type-R or used Porsche.

Ultimately, with the way how allocation works. If I am not 110% happy with the car I want, I likely will not give it my full love. I rather move on and get something I will really enjoy and not having to deal with this anxiety.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was one thinking I was going to get a CE until I see the allocations systems are so poorly implemented. The CE in the west will likely be in collector's or flipper's hand or the boss of dealerships.

Honeymoon is over for me. After what I went through with Toyota corporate and one of their dealer, I am not that satisfy with Toyota in general after that negative experience. Although another dealer who I got another hatchback from a few months ago put me to their call list, they are only do just that because they are not acting until Toyota says.

I think my chances of getting anything is close to none and I feel better this way. I can just focus on other things in life and save some money for the Type-R or used Porsche.

Ultimately, with the way how allocation works. If I am not 110% happy with the car I want, I likely will not give it my full love. I rather move on and get something I will really enjoy and not having to deal with this anxiety.
I've set the bar low for myself. I'm in the middle of the pack on the list at a couple dealers, it's out of my control at this point. Would love to have the car, but I'm not going to put myself into hysterics for it.

I think the people at the top of their dealer's lists will have the toughest decision. The first GRCs will arrive this fall, but they will be Core models, and those people will have to make the call whether to have the first, or gamble and hope that they get the Circuit Spec next spring. We're all getting the feeling that CS allocation could be a mess, so it is possible that they could choose to wait, and then never get a Circuit. Double-whammy of first in line, but didn't get the first car, and also didn't get the special one.

The Circuit Spec is very cool but it may end up being a bit of a trap in that regard. We've seen with the Supra and 86 that Toyota will almost immediately announce the next special 1500-unit run, except it will be blue, with a special stripe, and nice alcantara seats with blue stitching, and probably the wing and hood from the CS. It's expensive to do one-off tooling for big components like that - don't be surprised when those parts show up again on different variants. Even Porsche pulled that when they released the "swan song of the manual transmission" 911R, and people lost their minds, and then to amortize costs and pay off the huge investment of developing a new manual transmission, they made it an option on the GT3.

541 - 560 of 583 Posts