Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
521 - 540 of 604 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Has any more info on the CTR come out? It seems like Honda is really, really, reeeeeally dragging their feet on it…and the whole “we’ll show you all the car but only with a ridiculous wrap on it” deal has seemed profoundly weird to me. People have postulated that they kind of panicked with the GRC release gaining as much attention as it has but I’m not sure that that’s it. I still think it’ll be a better pure track car than the GRC which is what they’ve always gone for with that car anyway…times and race car feel.

I’d be happy to consider one as a backup plan for the GRC, but I can’t consider it without more info on it 🤷‍♂️ As of now my backup plan remains buying a certified BMW with a B58 in it. I keep seeing 440is and even the weird 6 series GTs popping up in the high 30s/low 40s. They’re a lot of car for that type of money.
As with Honda's traditions, they use the previous year as benchmark; it will be better in every way on paper. However, it won't get the same sentimental value like the 10th gen.

…here’s a friendly reminder that dealerships wouldn’t get away with marking cars up if people refused to play ball. But alas…fools and their money go their separate ways every day because people decide they NEED IT NOWWWWWWWW
I can't agree with you more, "we" are empowering the dealers directly. Even in Canada, while no markup is allowed, buying a car from any dealership is a privilege. They dictate the terms and you play by their rules; take it or leave it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Fingers crossed that dealership will get that spec then!
Something I've been trying to find more information on is just even speculative distribution per regions here in the states. I know it isn't something that is publicly available but the GR86 trickle out thus far should have given us some optics into how much of a difference we're looking for geographical allotment. I'm sure this is something people have guessed at in this now extremely long thread, but hoping someone does a guestimate spreadsheet soon.
Ecoregion Map World Line Font

·
Super Moderator
1,287 Posts
Something I've been trying to find more information on is just even speculative distribution per regions here in the states. I know it isn't something that is publicly available but the GR86 trickle out thus far should have given us some optics into how much of a difference we're looking for geographical allotment. I'm sure this is something people have guessed at in this now extremely long thread, but hoping someone does a guestimate spreadsheet soon. View attachment 2071

·
Registered
11 Posts
Should have known I missed it....thanks :LOL:

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I'm on a couple of waitlists but I never got to ask if there's a separate waitlist for the CE or if they'll move everyone from the current waitlist to the CE waitlist after the initial launch. Have you guys asked the dealerships about this? Thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
So I'm on a couple of waitlists but I never got to ask if there's a separate waitlist for the CE or if they'll move everyone from the current waitlist to the CE waitlist after the initial launch. Have you guys asked the dealerships about this? Thanks!
I would ask them. I got bumped off the list because I preferred CE. Sounds like because I wanted CE (Who doesn't), I lost my shot with that dealership.

·
Registered
11 Posts
At the time of first contact(4/4),my salesman said I was the first to put down a deposit on a CE, but there were 2 deposits down already on Cores. So I took that as 2 separate lists. Touching base with him soon for any new info and will update if needed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
440 is a nice car but it’s big and heavy, 3700 pounds. Will be a completely different driving experience over the GR Corolla. I used to own an M2. Even that felt big and somewhat heavy. Never really connected with it. Also hated the drone noise it made on the highway.
I've never heard anyone say the M2 felt big, you think it has to do with the electric power steering?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've never heard anyone say the M2 felt big, you think it has to do with the electric power steering?
Well the M2 is a heavy car given its size. Almost the same weight as a four series. Felt wide also, but from what I gather the GR Corolla is just as wide at 73 inches. Steering was somewhat numb on the m2. Rock hard, unforgiving suspension also.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I called my local dealer the day the car launched. I’m #1 on the wait list (for what it’s worth) and have been verbally told that if they get an allocation for a circuit edition it will be mine. I asked about dealer markups and the sales manager told me that Toyota corporate is “pushing for that” and to expect 5-10k if demand is as high as they expect it to be.

I asked what he meant by Toyota themselves are pushing for a markup, but he wouldn’t go further than that. Regardless I’ll be on deployment for the first 6-7 months of 2023 so I’m hoping to get the paperwork sorted out and send my friend down there with power of attorney.

I also asked this week if anyone else is on the list for one of these cars (core or CE) and he said I’m the only one. Fairly surprised considering I’m in CA!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I doubt that Toyota is pushing for ADM. Toyota doesn't get a dime out of ADM. Generally, the OEMs haven't been crazy about ADM but it's between the purchaser and the dealer. 5-10k is substantial but might be what it will take to get a CE.
Yeah I seriously doubt Toyota would encourage that. The only scenario I see is they price it relatively low, have a razor thin margin between invoice cost, and tell the dealers to do what they will considering the market we’re in. But that just doesn’t seem realistic to me. He’s probably saying this with very little detail/explanation in order to justify ADMs.

·
Registered
2017 VW GTI
33 Posts
I went to a dealership the other day (not the one I have a reservation at) to see if I could even get a look at a Corolla hatchback (I couldn't) and the dude said that he's expecting dealerships in Colorado to get between 1 and 3 cars, depending on the size of the dealership. Even at number 2 on the list at my dealership in a smaller city, I'm mentally preparing myself to have to wait until the 2024 model comes out to get one.

521 - 540 of 604 Posts