Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
3601 - 3620 of 3754 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yikes. Some of these Toyota dealers are sure going to create a lifetime of bad will with these shenanigans.

My MSRP dealer told me when I bought my Taco last year that they don’t do markups for that very reason…. They don’t want to piss off a customer for a lifetime.

When I mentioned to my Salesman, how much other stealerships were charging for ADM and such, even ones in our area. He straight up said, do they think people won't remember this when everything levels out with the supplies? He called it a terrible precedent to set for the future of their sales. And I (obviously) agreed, also told him about how there are now websites, spreadsheets with dealers to specifically avoid. He said yepp, not surprised.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Apparently its all they have, and all their getting. Taking what I can. But thanks for making it seem even worse. Agreed terrible color to take. But i will take it for MSRP, and the fact I get first dibs. Sending Hope you can get one as well.
I'm hoping my dealer(s) get a white or red one, but if they both get black, then that's what I'm going with

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ew black 🤢🤢🤢
Honestly at first I said no black but seeing more pics of them I'm warming up to it. You can really make black cars look extra hard with some nice hyperblack wheels and a red bucket seat. Also, its the best candidate for a high quality wrap if you're into fun colors.

Still preference white just for ease of maintenance though.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Honestly at first I said no black but seeing more pics of them I'm warming up to it. You can really make black cars look extra hard with some nice hyperblack wheels and a red bucket seat. Also, its the best candidate for a high quality wrap if you're into fun colors.

Black car with some white accents = <3
White car with red accents = <3<3

·
Registered
'09 335i, '22 Veloster N
24 Posts

I hope everyone at my dealer passes on black. It's the only color for a core that I'd take. I'm not a fan of red on cars and don't want 2 in white.

·
Registered
Current: '16 4Runner, '21 CX-5; Past: '14 S4, '07 Cooper S Conv, '02 4Runner, '95 FZJ80, '75 FJ40
72 Posts
I gotta be honest, when I read stories from a lot of you describing how your dealers had backed out of agreements, refused to put things in writing, and are now tossing on ADM, I thought "eh, if it happens to me, no biggie. I'm high on lists at two dealers, so if one backs out I still have the other. And I can always just wait it out."

But now that the it's happened to me, it really does have a souring effect on the whole car. I've had Toyotas my whole adult life and could not have been more excited for the GR Corolla. But I just starting looking into Elantra Ns, again. A dealer 40 mins away is getting a performance blue M/T car on Dec 26, and they only sell at MSRP. I can claim it today for $500 refundable.

Yeah, yeah.... cue the "Well..... BYE" GIF, etc. :ROFLMAO:

I don't know that I'm out, yet. And I know nobody here really cares if I am. I'm really just putting that out there in case someone at Toyota corporate is combing forums. This dealer mark-up sh-t matters. And it potentially turns off even Toyota diehards.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I gotta be honest, when I read stories from a lot of you describing how your dealers had backed out of agreements, refused to put things in writing, and are now tossing on ADM, I thought "eh, if it happens to me, no biggie. I'm high on lists at two dealers, so if one backs out I still have the other. And I can always just wait it out."

But now that the it's happened to me, it really does have a souring effect on the whole car. I've had Toyotas my whole adult life and could not have been more excited for the GR Corolla. But I just starting looking into Elantra Ns, again. A dealer 40 mins away is getting a performance blue M/T car on Dec 26, and they only sell at MSRP. I can claim it today for $500 refundable.

I don't know that I'm out, yet. And I know nobody here really cares if I am. I'm really just putting that out there in case someone at Toyota corporate is combing forums. This dealer mark-up sh-t matters. And it potentially turns off even Toyota diehards.
Ask and you shall receive!
Chin Smile Jaw Gesture Hat

·
Registered
251 Posts

Hey bruv, don't fret! straight up everyone is going to make the move that they think is best for themselves.

There are going to be more than a handful of people here that get a GRC, have it for a year or 2, not like it and dip. I'm a CE or bust, and in a few months when my dealer asks for my first born son that I haven't had yet, I'll def say no and then be cranky.

You do what you need to. I think I'll continue to follow along to see what the overall consensus is for day-to-day and see if any future editions come with improved interiors. If not then I'll hope the integra type s by some miracle puts in the CTR engine with a sh-awd. Whatever.

·
Registered
69 Chevelle 396, 03 Camry, 53 Willy's Jeep
45 Posts
Hey bruv, don't fret! straight up everyone is going to make the move that they think is best for themselves.

There are going to be more than a handful of people here that get a GRC, have it for a year or 2, not like it and dip. I'm a CE or bust, and in a few months when my dealer asks for my first born son that I haven't had yet, I'll def say no and then be cranky.

You do what you need to. I think I'll continue to follow along to see what the overall consensus is for day-to-day and see if any future editions come with improved interiors. If not then I'll hope the integra type s by some miracle puts in the CTR engine with a sh-awd. Whatever.
Agreed
CE/nice interior or bust. I think the best course of action in getting a nice interior is to find a CE at MSRP (if possible) or just wait to see what 2024 brings. 2024MY could have a ton more options.
Everyone on here is foaming at the mouth to grab one, but if you’re already first in line why rush or pay markup? You’ll still have your deposit down no matter how many times you decline and it really looks like by the middle of 2023 that markups will be slim to none.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Apparently its all they have, and all their getting. Taking what I can. But thanks for making it seem even worse. Agreed terrible color to take. But i will take it for MSRP, and the fact I get first dibs. Sending Hope you can get one as well.
There are moments when I think, "I'll take any color but black." But there are also moments when I think, "I wish the Circuit Edition could be had in black just so I can get one and put an HKS livery on it."

3601 - 3620 of 3754 Posts