Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
3581 - 3600 of 3754 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Toyota Paseo
130 Posts
At least y'all have a light at the end of the tunnel. Us Canucks don't even have the GRC on the Toyota.ca page. It still just has launch details. We are probably only get a glimpse of hope end of winter. I am anticipating the my GRCCE will only be here by May. All estimates on my part, but probably best case scenario tbh.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Bros, your written addendums mean nothing. Months ago you guys were walking out of your dealers grinning at your paper agreements yet my eyes were rolling. They will tell you "oh too bad" at the last minute because there are 50 other guys in line who will happily take it within minutes.
Maybe in Canada, but here a bill of sale is legally binding. Which is what mine is written on. I've bought multiple cars this way, including my 1 of 500 Refraction Blue A91 Supra for MSRP. All the "experts" like yourself immediately typed how I'd never get it, would have to pay extra, blah blah blah, yet I got the car exactly as I said. My GRC is coming through the same dealership so they'll honor it just the same.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Maybe in Canada, but here a bill of sale is legally binding. Which is what mine is written on. I've bought multiple cars this way, including my 1 of 500 Refraction Blue A91 Supra for MSRP. All the "experts" like yourself immediately typed how I'd never get it, would have to pay extra, blah blah blah, yet I got the car exactly as I said. My GRC is coming through the same dealership so they'll honor it just the same.
Thats a good call out. I'm holding out hope. I researched the dealer I have a deposit with and when others were marking the shit out of Tundras and TRD Pro whatevers they;ve reportedly stuck to MSRP. I think it really boils down to dealers choice. Unfortunately all of our chat here is really just that, chat.

Cartoon Vertebrate Motor vehicle Organism Mammal

·
Registered
259 Posts
I heard all the same noise on the RS. Bought it $500 under invoice. Now of course that won’t happen with the GRC, but those of us with MSRP deposits at MSRP dealers, not going to be an issue. Haters gonna hate.

·
Registered
15 WRX, 15 Sienna, 23 GR86
95 Posts
I heard all the same noise on the RS. Bought it $500 under invoice. Now of course that won’t happen with the GRC, but those of us with MSRP deposits at MSRP dealers, not going to be an issue. Haters gonna hate.
Indeed they're out there. Usually it's policy at that store. Some of the salesmen I work with rant about markup dealers worse than anyone on these forums haha. I think one part of it is anger at how those practices feed into the stereotypes that make their lives harder. Another part is probably some resentment at watching their peers bring home massive windfalls in weird times like these.

I don't know of any Toyota dealers that reversed course on MSRP-only but I do know it has happened with THREE different Honda dealers near me. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Let's hope things don't go any more south for Toyota.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Indeed they're out there. Usually it's policy at that store. Some of the salesmen I work with rant about markup dealers worse than anyone on these forums haha. I think one part of it is anger at how those practices feed into the stereotypes that make their lives harder. Another part is probably some resentment at watching their peers bring home massive windfalls in weird times like these.

I don't know of any Toyota dealers that reversed course on MSRP-only but I do know it has happened with THREE different Honda dealers near me. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Let's hope things don't go any more south for Toyota.
They are definitely out there. My dealer only sells at MSRP (or less) and I am fairly certain they will stick to that for the GR Corolla. Remember they want to keep selling you cars over and over. If I got screwed by paying a ridiculous markup I would look for a different dealer in the future. I have bought many cars over the years and sent many new customers their way as well. We will see soon enough if they honor the deal we made for MSRP.

·
Registered
2022 Toyota Sienna XSE | Celestial Silver
199 Posts
How many of these msrp dealers have received an allocation? I've only seen one person get theirs at msrp in one of the groups, but that's cause the guy bought a supra from that specific dealer.
Right now, there are not that many allocations out there, if we look at the number Toyota mentioned they are sending to the US.

The jury is still out on how this will play out. Though I suspect the MSRP dealers won't be the ones to turn around and slap $15,000 ADM on this car. They may add mandatory window tint or something else, that could be considered in the same realm as ADM, but at least you get something.

·
Registered
154 Posts
How many of these msrp dealers have received an allocation? I've only seen one person get theirs at msrp in one of the groups, but that's cause the guy bought a supra from that specific dealer.

the black core, at my local stealership, that I have a deposit down on, and confirmed to them I want, was for MSRP.

·
Registered
15 WRX, 15 Sienna, 23 GR86
95 Posts
Remember they want to keep selling you cars over and over. If I got screwed by paying a ridiculous markup I would look for a different dealer in the future.
For sure. My local dealer walked back our original deal of MSRP on the GR86 after waiting half a year with them. They lost me forever, and I'll tell anyone I talk to to avoid them.

Most dealers will get one before any dealer gets a second, I suspect. It looks like who gets them first is following the "overall sales volume + GR86 volume" formula that was shared a while ago. And so I will give this warning... for whatever reasons, basically every dealer I've ever found that turns around a lot of GR86's is nasty with markups. The GRC hunt will be hard and painful for most. The best we can do is find the MSRP dealers, pile onto them and hope that Toyota's system works properly to skew the allocations toward them in time.

edit I forgot to mention that unfortunately, Toyota's system doesn't care if one dealer has 100 people waiting with cash in hand to buy GRCs and another has nobody. They only look at their historic sales to decide who gets what. So when dealers don't trade allocations, the system fails. BUT, the sales managers have regional reps they can talk to, and I believe they could influence allocations. It would usually be a super long shot, maybe still is, but considering how these ugly markups are turning into national news (see CTR) I think if there is ever an opportunity to make a little change in the system it is now. We need GSM's at MSRP-only dealers pitching "give me more GRCs to alleviate the nasty markup image" to Toyota.

3581 - 3600 of 3754 Posts