Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1981 - 2000 of 2082 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just had one of my IL dealers reach out to me saying they are now able to place "orders". Not sure what this even means, but I'll let you guys know what I found out later this afternoon.
So I was given the run around today by Oak Lawn Toyota (IL). The person I was in contact with told me that ordering for the GR Corolla was available, so I figured I'd go visit them to see what that's about. Who doesn't want insider or just additional information? Well, when I came in, I released it was a fat stack of lies. Not one sales person knew what a GR Corolla was but were more than happy to accept a deposit. I even had to show them Toyota's press release of the GR Corolla for me to show them pricing. Come to find out this place adds at 15% markup so eff that.

Font Screenshot Terrestrial plant Darkness Number

One thing I did notice was that all the sales guys were referencing their own dealership website to see if they could order the GRC. Chances are that ordering won't take place until after Toyota adds the GRC to their official lineup online and for dealership sites to also show the GRC.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I just go on the computer myself and I can see every dealers cars in a certain radius. But only after they have been allocated. There's only 1 person that gets info on cars before they get them in the system. That's the inventory manager, and let's just say mine isn't the friendliest 🫠
This is exactly who I’ve been talking to for almost 2 years now for it 👌🏻

also, stopped in today and asked if he wanted some money yet and he said no allocations yet

·
Registered
24 Posts
The last time I talked to my sales person they were like, "We don't know anything about getting vehicles. You can ask for a Tundra TRD, or a Corolla, or a RAV4 or whatever and we'll put in the order request. But it might get cancelled on the other end, or fulfilled with a different vehicle, or left as an open order for a week or a year or forever." Not too satisfying. But I guess it's like all of the electronics we order at work. Supplier lists availability as "will advise" and that is all you get.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Still getting alot of mixed messaging from dealers. One manager I talked to over email told me the GRC isn't even in production yet and they won't get any until next year.
I have a friend who's a finance manager at a Toyota store in Kansas and his field rep said Core production starts 10/28/22 and Circuit starts March/April 2023.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have a friend who's a finance manager at a Toyota store in Kansas and his field rep said Core production starts 10/28/22 and Circuit starts March/April 2023.
Even though I'd like to get a circuit Edition I might end up going for the core if an allocation comes my way.
Since all Canadian GRC's come with my must have...the lsd's and heated seats, a Core is checking most of my boxes.
You know the old saying a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If production doesn't start until end of October then they wouldn't be delivered until December January right ? That doesn't seem to make sense with "Fall 2022" that Toyota keeps saying.

·
Registered
2022 Tundra, 2022 718 Spyder, 1994 Honda Civic Coupe
27 Posts
If production doesn't start until end of October then they wouldn't be delivered until December January right ? That doesn't seem to make sense with "Fall 2022" that Toyota keeps saying.
I mean as long as they delivered one to the dealership by end of Dec technically it's still Fall 2022 😂

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just got a message from my the saleswoman I was working with. She let me know that there were no allocations for the next shipment as of yet. She did say the other person that was interested in the Circuit edition still wanted it. Since I was first to call about the car I had first choice. She was also able to get me on the list for Core if I wanted to step down and that there were 6 other people on that list (which they have closed). In total it sounds like the dealership would be getting 7 Core, 1 Circuit (unknown color) 1 Morizo (unknown color).

Now the question is do I step down get the Core in the color I want with all the options used the saved money to maybe get a hood and spoiler, or wait for the Circuit and get roll the dice with color choices. Also there will be no markup on the Circuit/ Morizo though they will be adding a $2500 dealer package (clear bra, tint, paint sealant, floor mats, things like that) I'm sure I'll be happy with either. Also the money is already set aside for either so not a major issue. Just wondering what others would do.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I just got a message from my the saleswoman I was working with. She let me know that there were no allocations for the next shipment as of yet. She did say the other person that was interested in the Circuit edition still wanted it. Since I was first to call about the car I had first choice. She was also able to get me on the list for Core if I wanted to step down and that there were 6 other people on that list (which they have closed). In total it sounds like the dealership would be getting 7 Core, 1 Circuit (unknown color) 1 Morizo (unknown color).

Now the question is do I step down get the Core in the color I want with all the options used the saved money to maybe get a hood and spoiler, or wait for the Circuit and get roll the dice with color choices. Also there will be no markup on the Circuit/ Morizo though they will be adding a $2500 dealer package (clear bra, tint, paint sealant, floor mats, things like that) I'm sure I'll be happy with either. Also the money is already set aside for either so not a major issue. Just wondering what others would do.
Is she saying the dealership is getting a core for every person on the list? Because to me that just sounds like she’s telling you how many people are on the list.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's what she says but again who knows what will happen. 🤷‍♂️ Before I concede the Circuit I would need to make sure I will be getting it in the first delivery I don't want to wait till the summer when I could have ended up with the Circuit. Just wondering what others would do if they were in the same situation.

·
Registered
529 Posts
That's what she says but again who knows what will happen. 🤷‍♂️ Before I concede the Circuit I would need to make sure I will be getting it in the first delivery I don't want to wait till the summer when I could have ended up with the Circuit. Just wondering what others would do if they were in the same situation.
I’m first on the list period haha they aren’t splitting them at my dealer or at least not as of now. I’m torn because I’m worried about the potential for either the dealership not getting one (which is unlikely based on prior inventory) or delays for a multitude of reasons including what’s going on with the world right now haha or the chance of the dealership owner or manger snagging the circuit when it comes in.

1981 - 2000 of 2082 Posts