Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just completed the bill of sale for my GR and can share some official info for Canada. Perhaps this data was posted already, but this is straight from the sales rep's desk as I was signing the purchase in Ontario.

PRICING (CAD):
Core: $45,490
Circuit: $51,480
Morizo: $59,990

freight: $803
PDI: $1,017
AC tax + Eco $100

The only option available is for 2 nonstandard Circuit colors:
Heavy Metal, Supersonic Red $255

STANDARD PACKAGES:

CORE
  • [1.6L Turbo 3-cylinder engine with 300HP
  • GR-FOUR Sports AWD System
  • Limited Slip Differential
  • 18" Black Alloys
  • GR Sports Seats HEATED
  • Toyota Multimedia Remote Connect 3 yrs
  • Wireless Android Auto & Apple Carplay
CIRCUIT EDITION (limited production vehicle)
everything in Core +
  • Carbon Fiber Roof
  • GR Red Calipers
  • Hood Bulge with Ducts
  • Rear Spoiler
  • Exclusive Colors
  • GR Suede Seats
  • Signature Shift Knob
  • JBL Audio
MORIZO
everything in Circuit +
  • 295 lb-ft torque
  • 50 kg mass reduction
  • Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2
  • Close-Ratio 5-Speed Transmission
  • Forged 18'' Alloys
  • Suede Shifter Knob
  • GR Suede Steering
  • GR Sports Seats
  • Toyota Multimedia Service Connect 10 yrs

So the good news for us in Canada is that Core comes standard with performance pack (LSD) and heated seats. Differences with Circuit are purely cosmetic. I'm first on the list at my dealership and told them I'll take whatever car they get - hoping for Circuit but expecting the Core. Suede seats is probably the one thing I'll miss most from Circuit. Spoiler and red calipers are an easy aftermarket add-on.

Still no ETA on when they land or quantity, but it sure feels good to have a signed Bill of Sale in hand.

Rectangle Font Parallel Number Pattern

Rectangle Font Slope Parallel Pattern

·
Registered
47 Posts
Looks like black and not white is offered as a CE color in Canada vs white and not black offered in the US as a CE color. That's good for us yanks, as black is the least desirable color for me.
I personally wouldn't buy any car in black, my OCD would be through the roof! Damn with fees and taxes for CE it's just under 60K.This would be an impulse buy I think, even if I'm given the opportunity to buy one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just completed the bill of sale for my GR and can share some official info for Canada. Perhaps this data was posted already, but this is straight from the sales rep's desk as I was signing the purchase in Ontario.

PRICING (CAD):
Core: $45,490
Circuit: $51,480
Morizo: $59,990

freight: $803
PDI: $1,017
AC tax + Eco $100

The only option available is for 2 nonstandard Circuit colors:
Heavy Metal, Supersonic Red $255

STANDARD PACKAGES:

CORE
  • [1.6L Turbo 3-cylinder engine with 300HP
  • GR-FOUR Sports AWD System
  • Limited Slip Differential
  • 18" Black Alloys
  • GR Sports Seats HEATED
  • Wireless Android Auto & Apple Carplay
CIRCUIT EDITION (limited production vehicle)
everything in Core +
  • Carbon Fiber Roof
  • GR Red Calipers
  • Hood Bulge with Ducts
  • Rear Spoiler
  • Exclusive Colors
  • GR Suede Seats
  • Signature Shift Knob
  • JBL Audio
MORIZO
everything in Circuit +
  • 295 lb-ft torque
  • 50 kg mass reduction
  • Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2
  • Close-Ratio 5-Speed Transmission
  • Forged 18'' Alloys
  • Suede Shifter Knob
  • GR Suede Steering
  • GR Sports Seats
  • Toyota Multimedia Service Connect 10 yrs

So the good news for us in Canada is that Core comes standard with performance pack (LSD) and heated seats. Differences with Circuit are purely cosmetic. I'm first on the list at my dealership and told them I'll take whatever car they get - hoping for Circuit but expecting the Core. Suede seats is probably the one thing I'll miss most from Circuit. Spoiler and red calipers are an easy aftermarket add-on.

Still no ETA on when they land or quantity, but it sure feels good to have a signed Bill of Sale in hand.

View attachment 3901
View attachment 3900
Did your bill of sale list a core or circuit specifically? I'm first on the list at my dealer but they're still saying they have no info on ordering....

·
Registered
90 Posts
I personally wouldn't buy any car in black, my OCD would be through the roof! Damn with fees and taxes for CE it's just under 60K.This would be an impulse buy I think, even if I'm given the opportunity to buy one.
Yes $60k is a bit much. I purchased a new BMW M2 back in 2017 pre-tax for about that. Completely different level of performance also. It is what it is I guess.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did your bill of sale list a core or circuit specifically? I'm first on the list at my dealer but they're still saying they have no info on ordering....
Yes, the bill is for Core. They advised me to go with that as its the most likely scenario, but I made sure there is a note on my file that I will take Circuit or ME, should they be available.
Color is also a lottery, I put my order of preference down as Black, White, Red should there be an actual choice...but in reality, I'll probably get what I'm given.

·
Banned
452 Posts
It's hard to believe that the Circuit Edition is now cheaper than what Toyota Canada stated ($53,990) on their press release on Sept. 14th. I hope this is true.
Realizing that Canada gets all the options I'm interested in, in the Core Edition, meaning no real difference in performance between the Core and the CE, I'm leaning towards the Core now, and save $6,000.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Realizing that Canada gets all the options I'm interested in, in the Core Edition, meaning no real difference in performance between the Core and the CE, I'm leaning towards the Core now, and save $6,000.
With the extra 6k in your pocket you could potentially make the Core a better machine than the factory Circuit one, depending what aftermarkets parts are available by then.

·
Registered
Current: Lexus gx470 '05, previous Bmw m3 '95, m3 eurospec '96, z3m '01
7 Posts
When I saw this original post, I reached out to my salesman (a small dealer in the province of Quebec) to confirm the info and it's mostly correct, the only difference being that there's a 400$ fee on top of it which is I think the dealer profit or something like this.

My BoS, says 45 409$ cad + 399 (the fees I'm talking about) + the 1920$ (freight, PDI, AC tax) to add for a grand total of 47 709$ before taxes. I am the first in line at this dealer and called for a white one and since no allocation is given yet, my guy explained me this is the first official request for a GRC they are making to Toyota Canada who ''should'' try to fill in when allocation comes. Hope he's right!

·
Banned
452 Posts
It's kinda disappointing that the only Core color options in Canada are white, black and red, really only 2 colors for me as I would never ever buy a black car, way too much maintenance.
It would have been nice to have Heavy- metal as a Core option.

·
Registered
47 Posts
It's kinda disappointing that the only Core color options in Canada are white, black and red, really only 2 colors for me as I would never ever buy a black car, way too much maintenance.
Agreed, or even the MGM color that Toyota often uses on other models. Another option is to get whatever color comes up first and get it wrapped exactly how you want it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Since all this info was already out but the cars aren't allocated yet, what exactly is a bill of sale for?
Although it does not mention a specifically allocated car, the BoS is a contract that defines the price I agree to pay and the dealer agrees to sell at. It is definitely a more official transaction now than just having a deposit, and perhaps purely on an emotional level, it is just reassuring.
I'm sharing this info with the GR community to confirm dealership-level figures and packages as they may be different from the press.

Well, now you're making me doubt my first choice of black :). I've had several black cars and didn't find them particularly difficult to keep clean, but definitely more work than white. I'm going to be using the car as a daily for buisness meetings, etc, and black just looks a bit more mature / sophisticated imo. At the end of the day I'm not too fussed about the color as wrapping is always an optoin.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts