Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
81 - 100 of 111 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Way too tame for me for sure. I would prefer the outgoing current design over that new one. Not that it's not a nice car, but its brought way down to TRD camry levels imo.
Only issue with the previous car design was customization.

It was so overstyled that every car looked the same no matter what people did it, outside of wheels of course. 馃槀

Even then, most people got the same 3 wheels.

Registered
I wish manufacturers would stop with the "retro" styling and just bring back popular chassis of old and just update the interior, lighting, and drivetrain. Imagine Honda bringing back the EG and EK hatches of yesteryear except with modern style interior, lighting, and a Kseries (hell even that boosted 1.5L that they are throwing in everything nowadays).
Now that's really "retro" compared to some of the "retro" inspired garbage being produced nowadays.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
I wish manufacturers would stop with the "retro" styling and just bring back popular chassis of old and just update the interior, lighting, and drivetrain. Imagine Honda bringing back the EG and EK hatches of yesteryear except with modern style interior, lighting, and a Kseries (hell even that boosted 1.5L that they are throwing in everything nowadays).
Now that's really "retro" compared to some of the "retro" inspired garbage being produced nowadays.
I mean, it would be cool but all the regs and stuff today keep certain designs from happening. I think Honda is pretty smart with the Civic, what they鈥檝e done with the car for its entire life is something Toyota should鈥檝e been doing with the Corolla. Thankfully Toyota started doing it now.

Registered
Way too tame for me for sure. I would prefer the outgoing current design over that new one. Not that it's not a nice car, but its brought way down to TRD camry levels imo.
To me the front on the new one looks really good, kind of like a better version of the fk8 front end, but the rear just isn't that good. I feel like Honda designers have struggled with Civic rear ends since adopting the coupe/hatch body style.

Registered
To me the front on the new one looks really good, kind of like a better version of the fk8 front end, but the rear just isn't that good. I feel like Honda designers have struggled with Civic rear ends since adopting the coupe/hatch body style.
I know right? They need to let Sir Mixalot give them some inspiration for designing rear ends... Just sayin' ..

Registered
Stole this from one of the Civic FB groups. Appears the CTR won't be revealed until the end of July-ish timeframe. It is scheduled to be revealed after the newly redesigned CRV, and that is set to reveal on July 12th.
Coincidence that possibly GRC pricing and possible CTR reveal around the same time?
Cloud Sky Rectangle World Font

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
81 - 100 of 111 Posts