Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
301 - 320 of 327 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Even the core has power and drivetrain equivalent to the STI minus diffs, so if you add the diffs(estimate 3k) your prices are still pretty low. I would estimate your entire pricing scale is probably 4-5k too low as per previous discussions on pricing.

Also with overall production being so limited, I doubt they are trying to make it a steal of a deal as they want to keep it exclusive so it is not attainable for EVERYONE.

p.s. Keep it out of the hands of the vape kids.
Eh. I stand by what I said. Regular wrx is awd and has open diffs. Sells for just shy of $30k. Seems like a great contender for a base core. IMO, the Morizo is intended to compete with the CTR LE so I think that the circuit pricing will be close to CTR touring msrp

·
Registered
266 Posts
I mean I more or less said that, just with less detail. Also I HOPE we get the special wing, because isn't it looking like that's no longer happening??
You said only the roof. which would indicate less value and therefore reflect not as much price increase justification. I am just saying that there is a lot more to it than just the roof. on a 4runner you pay 3k extra just for the softex seats and self dimming mirror.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Eh. I stand by what I said. Regular wrx is awd and has open diffs. Sells for just shy of $30k. Seems like a great contender for a base core. IMO, the Morizo is intended to compete with the CTR LE so I think that the circuit pricing will be close to CTR touring msrp
The wrx does not have selective awd, and has less power. Selective awd was only on the sti. so it would fall somewhere in between the wrx and sti.

·
Super Moderator
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #305 ·
I mean I wish. Lol. Less money I have to pay. I could actually buy 2.

·
Banned
940 Posts
I mean I more or less said that, just with less detail. Also I HOPE we get the special wing, because isn't it looking like that's no longer happening??
Well according to that leaked Canadian order form, it lists the CE as having an exterior spoiler as a way to differentiate between the core, but no one has seen it yet. Was told that the one on the preproduction model was unfortunately not going to make it to the production model.

·
Registered
'13 FR-S, '09 Yaris 5 Dr, '88 Celica All-Trac, '87 FX16, '83 FJ40, '69 Datsun 510, Suzuki XL-7
509 Posts
I’d rather have it built in Motomachi. Lol.
Same here, it may be marketing, but the GRC/GRY line is set up different with specially trained builders and more handbuilding. It kind of a major point of it being GR.

·
Super Moderator
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #308 ·
Same here, it may be marketing, but the GRC/GRY line is set up different with specially trained builders and more handbuilding. It kind of a major point of it being GR.
It’s nice marketing wise, but it also has better fit and finish from closer eyes. I feel better buying a first year car with where it’s built.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Edit: was meant to reply to Jeonsa but my phone messed something up.

"Then again the Yaris used still goes for crazy money. This car and the Type R will probably hold its value enough to fend off kids 😂"

Unfortunately it just goes to the kids with rich parents 🙄

·
Super Moderator
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #311 ·
Edit: was meant to reply to Jeonsa but my phone messed something up.

"Then again the Yaris used still goes for crazy money. This car and the Type R will probably hold its value enough to fend off kids 😂"

Unfortunately it just goes to the kids with rich parents 🙄
It’s possible for sure just not as likely as the GR86/BRZ/Si etc.

There are adults on here that are hesitant on the projected pricing. Saying if it’s not cheap enough for them to buy….. it will fail. Lol.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This.

There's no reason we can't build them in Mississippi alongside the other Corolla, and no reason the 1.6 has to be hand built at one plant in the world. I trust Toyotas quality control enough for them to make them en masse.
I admittedly have very little faith in the competence of US factory workers, but if the grc was built at some US factory I'd pull my deposit and not give the car another thought. I imagine many others feel the same way

·
Registered
76 Posts
I admittedly have very little faith in the competence of US factory workers, but if the grc was built at some US factory I'd pull my deposit and not give the car another thought. I imagine many others feel the same way
As someone who has personally worked at an automobile factory (Lordstown GM, Chevy Cruze) I will say that automation nearly idiot-proofs the process. If the car has poor fit and finish, it's likely due to cut corners on the design side of things and not human error.

I stand behind my original opinion. If it had to get built next to the other corollas in order for It to meet demand, I wouldn't think twice about it. Obviously this is something that will never happen, though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
View attachment 118
View attachment 2672
New here, but I’m active on other forums, including newnissanz and MyG37. I loved the idea of the GRC long before it came out as I always hoped for a spiritual successor to my college roommate’s FX16 GTS back in the late 80’s. When we learned the GR Yaris was a 3-cyl engine, I was instantly concerned it was over-stressed. After reading there’d be a GRC too, I thought, “no problem, the GRC will be a 4-cyl, erasing all stress concerns “. Nope. With even more hp in such a small engine, I’d worry about longevity - even if it can handle lots more hp in racing form and even though “it’s a Toyota”. Both Toyota and Honda are known for making nearly bulletproof hi-performance engines. That said, I’d be far less concerned about a 4cyl CTR than a 3cyl GRC, especially if they have comparable hp numbers. I’m not really in the market for either car (waiting for a Nismo Z or a mid-tier Z offering the LSD and larger brakes - 6MT of course) but I’m still a big fan of both the GRC and CTR. It’s so heartening that a few big makers still cater to enthusiasts with stick-only cars. Kudos to both. It’ll be interesting times ahead to see both go head to head in multiple magazine articles and in videos. Final thought/s, don’t be the knucklehead who pays $5K-$10K in ADM - if you don’t pay it, prices come down. And down they will eventually come within a couple of years. Think on this… say you bought one of the first few hundred GRCs “off the boat” and paid MSRP + $10K. How will you feel in a year or two knowing that when a new ‘25 GRC drives past you that guy probably got his car (w/all updates, more hp and who knows what else) for nearly $10K less than you? How do those original CTR owners who paid $45K-$50K several years ago feel about their purchase now, since they could’ve been bought at or near MSRP in 2020 (before Covid killed the supply chain)? Just something to think about.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think I’m simping guys:

3D viewer all colors:

AR Put it in your driveway 😃:

301 - 320 of 327 Posts