Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
If you haven't purchased a new car in the last year or two, you are in for a WILD ride. I had to fight for a MINIVAN. Waited 9 months before I could get a Sienna. Go check the FB Groups for Toyota Siennas and look at how nuts it is right now. The GR Corolla, while it won't be impossible, I'm prepared to have to just sit and wait, because I already dealt with Toyota and it took almost a year for a non-special minivan.
With the current shortages I think it's difficult to get any car, but with the GRC, I think if people aren't already on a waitlist they will be SOL for a couple years at least.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Interesting bit of info from the land of the rising sun...
Apparently a CTR forum user who lives in Japan received a call from his dealer and that they are taking orders tomorrow. He also gave the specs (including pricing) that were conveniently left out of the reveal.
I'm a little skeptical as the price he suggested converts to $36k, which sounds off as it is cheaper than the 2020 CTR which was approx $39K after converting the currency.
It depends how you calculated the currency exchange. Going by current rates(which their local market is not affected by) that would probably be low. It would a closer estimate to go off of the "normal" exchange rate which is usually about 110yen=1usd which comes out out to $45,454

·
Registered
304 Posts
My primary motivation to get a CE is because I assume that the Core with all optional packages will end up costing just as much (and, obviously, still miss many features). My hopes are that the CE is going to be like what Porsche does with their GTS models. Which is most performance goodies standard, as well as a few little exclusive touches (almost always cosmetic only) all for a price that's below the less model + options. If the Core with all 3 packages costs significantly less (by that I mean 4 figures less) then, in my eyes at least, the attraction of a CE is reduced a bit.

Honestly other than it having a CF roof, what really is the exclusivity to the CE? 🦄 It has the same powertrain, suspension tuning and brakes as the Core. I'm of the mind that just because an automaker dictates that a few (almost entirely cosmetic) items are "limited" who cares. Put a blindfold on someone and they won't be able to tell the difference from behind the wheel. Seems like a false economy.

Anyway, just realizing again that this a CTR thread. I've helped things go off on a tangent. Apologies.
The CE will have all the packages the core CAN get, + CF roof, + vented hood, +special wing, + alcantera interior, + gloss black valences so it definitely comes with more than a regular core with all available packages.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Not sure how that's off. 2021 STi MSRP was about $37k. Let's just add plus/minus $2k to all my predictions and we're within range of all the competitors (including the lowest trim of the CTR). As for the CTR, I'm assuming it'll end up around $38-$40k
Even the core has power and drivetrain equivalent to the STI minus diffs, so if you add the diffs(estimate 3k) your prices are still pretty low. I would estimate your entire pricing scale is probably 4-5k too low as per previous discussions on pricing.

Also with overall production being so limited, I doubt they are trying to make it a steal of a deal as they want to keep it exclusive so it is not attainable for EVERYONE.

p.s. Keep it out of the hands of the vape kids.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I mean I more or less said that, just with less detail. Also I HOPE we get the special wing, because isn't it looking like that's no longer happening??
You said only the roof. which would indicate less value and therefore reflect not as much price increase justification. I am just saying that there is a lot more to it than just the roof. on a 4runner you pay 3k extra just for the softex seats and self dimming mirror.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Eh. I stand by what I said. Regular wrx is awd and has open diffs. Sells for just shy of $30k. Seems like a great contender for a base core. IMO, the Morizo is intended to compete with the CTR LE so I think that the circuit pricing will be close to CTR touring msrp
The wrx does not have selective awd, and has less power. Selective awd was only on the sti. so it would fall somewhere in between the wrx and sti.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Found it. Notice it says rear spoiler under the CE options, but doesn't say the same for the core. Also found it interesting that it says exclusive exterior color(s) as in plural, so does this mean that the Canucks get other exclusive CE colors other than Heavy Metal? View attachment 2869
could also be fake. notice it says DACTS? lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts