Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Banned
1,182 Posts
My friend who’s a die hard Honda guy was saying it had to be broken for them to do one last teaser at the Ring.
That's pretty impressive... Should be revealed here pretty soon, suppose to be this month sometime and then the first week of July in the USA.
Depending on how it looks and performs, I will strongly consider one if I can't get a CE. Have a few choices as back up plans...

·
Banned
1,182 Posts
Supposedly a pretty accurate rendering of the new CTR... I don't like it at all... The only thing I like about it when compared to the outgoing CTR is the spoiler and flared rear QP versus "tacked on" rear flares.
Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle registration plate Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Sky Car Cloud

·
Banned
1,182 Posts
I wish manufacturers would stop with the "retro" styling and just bring back popular chassis of old and just update the interior, lighting, and drivetrain. Imagine Honda bringing back the EG and EK hatches of yesteryear except with modern style interior, lighting, and a Kseries (hell even that boosted 1.5L that they are throwing in everything nowadays).
Now that's really "retro" compared to some of the "retro" inspired garbage being produced nowadays.

·
Banned
1,182 Posts
To me the front on the new one looks really good, kind of like a better version of the fk8 front end, but the rear just isn't that good. I feel like Honda designers have struggled with Civic rear ends since adopting the coupe/hatch body style.
I know right? They need to let Sir Mixalot give them some inspiration for designing rear ends... Just sayin' ..

·
Banned
1,182 Posts
Stole this from one of the Civic FB groups. Appears the CTR won't be revealed until the end of July-ish timeframe. It is scheduled to be revealed after the newly redesigned CRV, and that is set to reveal on July 12th.
Coincidence that possibly GRC pricing and possible CTR reveal around the same time?
Cloud Sky Rectangle World Font

·
Banned
1,182 Posts
I’m not sure but Honda is better at releasing pricing sooner than Toyota.

Si was revealed, couple weeks later the pricing was revealed, 2ish months later the Si landed at dealers.

Integra was revealed, month or so later they had a preorder system, cars arrived last month (3 months or so in total?)
Toyota could be waiting on CTR pricing details as well.

·
Banned
1,182 Posts
The STi must be the benchmark price for the GRC core edition and only the CE will be able to attract a premium price tag.

The Honda looks like a big improvement over the ugly outgoing model but even with a manual and its speed around the Nurburgring I made a promise a while back to never buy a front wheel drive car ever again.

Also the Honda will be just another unobtainium car over here you couldn't buy the last version for love nor money.
No way the core will be close to the outgoing STi. That was a $40k USD car. Core will be significantly cheaper than that. I suspect a fully loaded core to be near the outgoing STi price.

·
Banned
1,182 Posts
So where will the entry level core come in relative to the new WRX ?

Higher or lower ?

There was not what I would call a massive difference in price over here between the WRX and the STi. With the GRC possibly coming out in several variants because of all the options the price spread could be interesting. The whole lot of them could be above the new WRX over here.
Pricing has been speculated all throughout the forums. I'm still sticking with $33-34k USD for bare bones core, $42-44k for CE, and $50k for ME.

·
Banned
1,182 Posts
Well if I end up going with the new CTR, at least I know it will be available in my favorite Honda color Sonic Grey Pearl...

1 - 20 of 57 Posts