Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unsure where this post really belongs because it is hardly modification but figured it fit best here.

As discussed in other threads the only non LED bulb on the entire car seems to be the license plate lights. I don’t hate incandescent lights generally but these stick out like a sore thumb considering every other light in and out of the car is LED.

I thought I’d make a quick post rounding up all the info I’ve gathered so far regarding the swap.

The bulbs are just a standard 194 bulb and are very easy to swap out.

The bulbs and housing are the same as a standard Corolla Hatchback so YouTube videos for those work well showing how to change them out. No tools required other than maybe a flat head to release the retaining clip. Did it myself in under 10 minutes.

Sylvania makes replacement LED bulbs that are sold at most auto part stores. The number for those is 168.
Sylvania also has an extra bright option if you are a fan of your plate being much easier to read at night. (Which I, for one, am not.😁)

Below is a picture of what I used. Old bulbs in packaging not the new ones. Lol

Thanks for reading this unnecessarily long post. 😅

Font Gas Motor vehicle Metal Rectangle

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did this as well with some LEDs I got from Amazon. It's beautiful now.
Definitely a small thing that is a huge improvement. How it should have come from the factory IMO.

Also, very surprisingly got my real plates yesterday so was able to throw it on at the same time. Truly shocked California got them sent out so fast.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts