Which spoiler/wing will the CE have?

• A small one, same or similar to Core

Votes: 19 17.6%
  • Larger wing as seen on the preproduction model

Votes: 89 82.4%

CE spoiler poll

21K views 123 replies 29 participants last post by  FirstLinh 
#1 ·
Which will the production Circuit Edition have? I'm hoping for the larger wing we saw on one of the preproduction models.

#4 ·
It will be conservative like the GRY or Golf R spoilers or I will remove it day 1. I am not a fan of the one shown at the reveal or the Corolla XSE spoiler. In its current form (small spoiler) I could at least get away with it looking like something someone in corporate would drive. I avoided the first type R for that reason Because it was way too boy-racer. No crazy spoilers for me please.

#9 ·
Hopefully we get a stupid big aggressive wing. Always loved the one on my MR2 it totally made the rear end look good. Still it's all in the eye of the beholder as some numb nuts removed the spoilers on them altogether and probably blocked the holes with chewing gum.

#18 ·
If the core spoiler ends up being too understated for my taste (I'm not in the big wang gang, but I like a noticeable spoiler), I'll probabl turn to/hope for a Delta Styling spoiler. Their stuff for the FoST is almost OEM+, just enough difference from stock to look great. Thought about buying one for my FoST, but was never really committed to any cosmetic changes on this car.

#20 ·
Put me down wanting a for a pretty big, pretty bonkers wing. I always loved stuff like the spoiler risers on the ST205 Celica GTFour, the big wings on the Impreza STi's and Integra Type R's, etc. The preproduction wing would look out of place on a regular Corolla hatch but we're talking about a car with a factory widebody and 3 exhaust tips here. It's not exactly subtle to begin with.

#21 ·
Why would we put you down for wanting a different looking Corolla? Lol.

I hope the Circuit gets a nice spoiler because it’s limited and for the price it deserves something substantial, but whatever you guys do to the cars afterwards is what I’m looking forward to honestly.

#22 ·
At the press debut for the GRC, Toyota specifically stated that the larger wing on the CE worked in sync with the airflow coming off the CE bespoke hood to aid in increased downforce. If the CE is put into production with the same hood (as shown at debut) but a different (or no) wing then Toyota lied to everyone about the wing's purpose.

#25 ·
So if the CE ends up just coming with the base lip spoiler, here are our current options.
Toyota XSE optional wing is approx. $350ish
Tom's roof spoiler is approx. $650ish
Blitz roof spoiler is approx. $1kish
And also Tom's offer a mid spoiler which is pretty sweet and costs approx. $650ish
Car Automotive side-view mirror Vehicle Hood Grille
Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car Grille Automotive lighting
Automotive parking light Automotive side-view mirror Automotive tail & brake light Grille Hood

#26 ·
So if the CE ends up just coming with the base lip spoiler, here are our current options.
Toyota XSE optional wing is approx. $350ish
Tom's roof spoiler is approx. $650ish
Blitz roof spoiler is approx. $1kish
And also Tom's offer a mid spoiler which is pretty sweet and costs approx. $650ish View attachment 2874 View attachment 2875 View attachment 2876 View attachment 2877
For me... this isn't enough. I need this mounted more to the side of the window, coming up more/aggressive. I can only draw a picture to the Subaru WRX hatchback wing:

Tire Wheel Vehicle Sky Automotive tail & brake light

^ I need this in some form, with carbon, maybe make the side mounts aluminum (which goes against my previous post, but looking at this now, I can see that looking good).

If someone figures out a double-decker wing like the Rally cars... we might be onto something:

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

^ Give me this and I'm SOLD. Done. Wrap it up and ship it! Rear visibility? Who cares!

#28 ·
Exactly they really need to differentiate the CE and ME from the rest. The carbon roof was a great idea because your not going to be able to rush out and get one of those on the core.

The likes of the AMG A45S had people just swapping the radiator grille and boom your A45 looked like an A45S.

If Toyota want to charge a premium for the CE it needs to have loads of stuff that's different and unobtainable.

#39 ·
#42 · (Edited)
I wouldn't mind this wing if it comes out. https://varisna.com/product/varis-toyota-gr-yaris-arising-1/
nless the CE wing is more aggressive than the prototype they displayed it won't be quite enough for me. I think a Voltex kit would be nice if they make one.

This is crazy but could be cool lol VARIS Kamikaze GT-WING for Toyota GR YARIS | Japan Car Exporter
Wait... I always felt like the widebody kits on an already wide-bodied car were too much. I don't need the GRC to be EXTRA chunky, but the Kamikaze kit looks ridiculous. In a good way.

#43 ·
I hope the CE spoiler stands out a bit but as someone who will probably never even have a chance to buy anything other than a core I'll probably look to the aftermarket.

Anyone else a fan out outlandish wings. Not sure if I'd actually buy one but I've always looked seeing a sports car with aero and a nice exhaust note so maybe its time to reach my boy racer needs.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Sky Vehicle

This BM Spec wing for the Focus RS is one of the more out there wings I've liked.

#53 ·
OMGsh, please NO WANG toyota….please. I want to be able to drive my Circuit to a business gathering and NOT look like I had to drive my son’s ricer please. I’m looking for something respectable like the GR Yaris or Golf R spoilers. Something with a little more length than the current stock spoiler but not lifted or angled. If not, just leave it stock and let the ricers rice on their own time.
Respectfully, Non-Wang Guy.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

#54 ·
OMGsh, please NO WANG toyota….please. I want to be able to drive my Circuit to a business gathering and NOT look like I had to drive my son’s ricer please. I’m looking for something respectable like the GR Yaris or Golf R spoilers. Something with a little more length than the current stock spoiler but not lifted or angled. If not, just leave it stock and let the ricers rice on their own time.
Respectfully, Non-Wang Guy.
View attachment 2947
View attachment 2948
For this car I think I agree with you. I have always enjoyed the stock RS's wing tho, enough to differentiate it from the ST but not Type R/STI level of loud.

Wheel Tire Sky Cloud Vehicle

#77 ·
At the end of the day the spoiler will be pretty much cosmetic, I mean all you read on here is what it looks like, nobody is interested in the downforce it generates.

Pretty happy with the pre-production version in the pictures, if it turns out to be a bit nmore aggressive on the CE I would't be surprised, people are going to want that car to be instantly recognizable from EVERY angle so a different spoiler on the rear is the easiest way to do that on the back and a different bonnet on the front, job done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.