• A small one, same or similar to Core

Votes: 9 13.6%
  • Larger wing as seen on the preproduction model

Votes: 57 86.4%
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,994 Posts
Put me down wanting a for a pretty big, pretty bonkers wing. I always loved stuff like the spoiler risers on the ST205 Celica GTFour, the big wings on the Impreza STi's and Integra Type R's, etc. The preproduction wing would look out of place on a regular Corolla hatch but we're talking about a car with a factory widebody and 3 exhaust tips here. It's not exactly subtle to begin with.
Why would we put you down for wanting a different looking Corolla? Lol.

I hope the Circuit gets a nice spoiler because it’s limited and for the price it deserves something substantial, but whatever you guys do to the cars afterwards is what I’m looking forward to honestly.

·
Registered
38 Posts
At the press debut for the GRC, Toyota specifically stated that the larger wing on the CE worked in sync with the airflow coming off the CE bespoke hood to aid in increased downforce. If the CE is put into production with the same hood (as shown at debut) but a different (or no) wing then Toyota lied to everyone about the wing's purpose.

·
Registered
2022 Toyota Sienna XSE | Celestial Silver
73 Posts
After seeing the streehunter/ TJ fitment for the Supra parts I have been less then impressed
I've stood in front of and helped a Streethunter build and those parts were flawless, BUT this was early on. So maybe quality fell off a cliff, from what I saw and helped with, it was the most minimal bodywork ever needed for a widebody kit. And this is coming from hands-on with Pandem and Liberty Walk kits.

But, regardless... I personally haven't bought anything recently, so this all is just anecdotal, I can't tell you what the August 2022 StreetHunter kit quality is.

Either way, SH doesn't stand above the Japanese companies I would first use, but a wing I would give them a shot IF it looked the part.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Put me down wanting a for a pretty big, pretty bonkers wing. I always loved stuff like the spoiler risers on the ST205 Celica GTFour, the big wings on the Impreza STi's and Integra Type R's, etc. The preproduction wing would look out of place on a regular Corolla hatch but we're talking about a car with a factory widebody and 3 exhaust tips here. It's not exactly subtle to begin with.
Yeah... its big wang gang here too. Not Big Country Labs, but I wanna see it. Lol.

·
Banned
940 Posts
So if the CE ends up just coming with the base lip spoiler, here are our current options.
Toyota XSE optional wing is approx. $350ish
Tom's roof spoiler is approx. $650ish
Blitz roof spoiler is approx. $1kish
And also Tom's offer a mid spoiler which is pretty sweet and costs approx. $650ish
Car Automotive side-view mirror Vehicle Hood Grille
Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car Grille Automotive lighting
Automotive parking light Automotive side-view mirror Automotive tail & brake light Grille Hood

·
Registered
73 Posts
So if the CE ends up just coming with the base lip spoiler, here are our current options.
And also Tom's offer a mid spoiler which is pretty sweet and costs approx. $650ish View attachment 2874 View attachment 2875 View attachment 2876 View attachment 2877
For me... this isn't enough. I need this mounted more to the side of the window, coming up more/aggressive. I can only draw a picture to the Subaru WRX hatchback wing:

Tire Wheel Vehicle Sky Automotive tail & brake light

^ I need this in some form, with carbon, maybe make the side mounts aluminum (which goes against my previous post, but looking at this now, I can see that looking good).

If someone figures out a double-decker wing like the Rally cars... we might be onto something:

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

^ Give me this and I'm SOLD. Done. Wrap it up and ship it! Rear visibility? Who cares!

·
Registered
86 Posts
For me... this isn't enough. I need this mounted more to the side of the window, coming up more/aggressive. I can only draw a picture to the Subaru WRX hatchback wing:

View attachment 2878

^ I need this in some form, with carbon, maybe make the side mounts aluminum (which goes against my previous post, but looking at this now, I can see that looking good).

If someone figures out a double-decker wing like the Rally cars... we might be onto something:

View attachment 2879

^ Give me this and I'm SOLD. Done. Wrap it up and ship it! Rear visibility? Who cares!
Exactly. This is what the CE and ME need. Core can be understated for whoever wants that. I want this.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Exactly they really need to differentiate the CE and ME from the rest. The carbon roof was a great idea because your not going to be able to rush out and get one of those on the core.

The likes of the AMG A45S had people just swapping the radiator grille and boom your A45 looked like an A45S.

If Toyota want to charge a premium for the CE it needs to have loads of stuff that's different and unobtainable.

·
Registered
'13 FR-S, '09 Yaris 5 Dr, '88 Celica All-Trac, '87 FX16, '83 FJ40, '69 Datsun 510, Suzuki XL-7
509 Posts
You could buy the GRMN Yaris spoiler, but they recommend using it only in conjunction with the front lip to balance the downforce.
Man, every time i see this thread title i get excited thinking someone posted a “spoiler” and released pricing early.

·
Registered
286 Posts
You could buy the GRMN Yaris spoiler, but they recommend using it only in conjunction with the front lip to balance the downforce.
Man, every time i see this thread title i get excited thinking someone posted a “spoiler” and released pricing early.
Lol Toyota dropped the 2023 manual Supra page today and I was trying to fuck with the url to see if the Corolla gr one might be bugged but it wasn’t lol

·
Banned
940 Posts
Lol Toyota dropped the 2023 manual Supra page today and I was trying to fuck with the url to see if the Corolla gr one might be bugged but it wasn’t lol
Speaking of the manual Supra... Toyota trying to be slick with the whole "no added cost for the manual supra when compared to the auto supra.." What they failed to mention is that you have to add the safety and tech package on the base 3.0 manual but not the auto. The package is $2500, so the manual does indeed cost more than the auto. LMAO what a joke.
Font Parallel Screenshot Number Rectangle

Font Parallel Screenshot Number Rectangle

·
Registered
86 Posts
Speaking of the manual Supra... Toyota trying to be slick with the whole "no added cost for the manual supra when compared to the auto supra.." What they failed to mention is that you have to add the safety and tech package on the base 3.0 manual but not the auto. The package is $2500, so the manual does indeed cost more than the auto. LMAO what a joke.
View attachment 2898
View attachment 2899
It shouldn't even be an option on the list. They should all have it. Auto's and manuals.

·
Registered
2019 Corolla Hatchback SE CVT
7 Posts
And also Tom's offer a mid spoiler which is pretty sweet and costs approx. $650ish View attachment 2874 View attachment 2875 View attachment 2876 View attachment 2877
Don't forget the Cusco and Maxton Design.

It should be noted that the hatch is made of plastic on the Corolla Hatchback.

Can't wait for Varis spoilers and carbon hoods!

·
Registered
286 Posts
I hope if Varis does a wider body kit, that they make it to where the rear flares bolt up exactly how the stock rear flares do, using all the same fasteners.
There’s no reason not too unless they’re trying to be difficult lol. For everything we do aftermarket we always try to reuse factory mounting locations. It saves manufacturing costs, production time in certain situations, etc.

·
Registered
266 Posts
21 - 40 of 51 Posts