Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Ownership Discussion banner

Canadian Stock Allocations

164K views 1K replies 106 participants last post by  jmbcorolla 
#1 ·
Hi everyone!

I have been informed this is the more popular GR Corolla forum. I work as inventory control for a Toyota dealer in Canada and am able to share "allocations" as they are released to dealers.

Most of you already know that Toyota does not do true "factory orders", only allocation requests. I've gone into detail a few times in the GR86 thread,

Here is the original thread from the other GRC forum

and Supra 6MT allocations;

#983 ·
They were trying to sell that car for over msrp for a week or so .. 70k I pulled the vin number and called them out on it and got them to take it down and I guess now they are selling it for msrp .. it’s against the rules for them to sell a unregistered car for above msrp … they were being super shady

#987 ·
It’s Toyota Canada thing .. it’s a dealership franchise agreement .. so ya if you see that happening you can phone your local dealership and do something about it but you need to see if the car is unregistered first .. they could register it and drive it around for a month then sell it used …

#989 ·
What are you gonna do get it or pass on it? I’m just happy that they’re selling it for MSRP now. But I wouldn’t buy their BS saying that it’s a demo and it was barely driven because even the demo would’ve been ripped around a lot. You know reviewers don’t take it easy.

#991 ·
My dealer wouldn't budge at all on MY2024 Blue Flame because it wasn't in their system portal yet under the MY2024 section, he walked me through it and he's right. How did you "place an order" and did you see it with your own eyes? Did you put in any deposit? They probably just want to park away your money as a free loan.

#992 ·
No dealers really place orders any more , Toyota makes cars and they give them whatever they want . So it’s up the dealer when they get a car to who they give it to . So if you are on the list for a model they will choose you and of course you need to have a trade in if good value etc . That’s just life in the car business in 2023. Could be a chance my dealer never gets a blue flame circuit but if they do I’ll be the first to get it because I placed a order and have a trade in and will get there warranty etc etc .

#993 ·
I’m not so sure that’s the case. There is some sort of “sold allocation” system. I don’t really understand it, but I went in, ordered the car I wanted in the Color I wanted, put down a deposit, but signed paperwork on the full sale price of the car I wanted. Then, a few weeks later, I got a call that the car was being built, and about a week later I got a text that it was”in transit”. So put your order in, put down the deposit, and, theoretically, if you are ahead of others, the car will be allocated to your dealer. My 2023 Supersonic Red Core is expected to arrive at the end of the month, barring any issues with the stevedores (I would have used their favourite verb/adverb/adjective/noun/pronoun that starts with the letter “F” to describe them but I’m not sure that this software would allow it) 😜

#994 · (Edited)
Well If you don’t have a good trade in , they don’t have to sell you a car . What a salesmen tells you generally doesn’t mean anything and if don’t buy the warranty and all the other dealer stuff .. and you don’t service your car there … end of the day the dealership is a business selling you just the car makes them around 3000-4000 … the other stuff is what they make they money on and another customer could be much more valuable than you are

#995 ·
There is something to that too. Throwing them a bone does help. This is the third Toyota we have bought from this dealership, and they do service our previous vehicles. Relationships do matter, whether it is with your car dealer or your dentist. Do them a solid and don’t be a dick,and they are more likely to go to bat for you. At least that’s my experience. No trade. No extended warranty.

#1,004 ·
Have you consider a paper trade, dealerships usually charge $300-600 admin fees, but it is worth it if your buyer is giving you $10k more for your trade. I have done it many times at various dealerships, they can even offer financing to you buyer.

As long as your buyer don’t mind waiting for your GR to arrive…

#1,014 ·
And I will say it again, because I am still miffed. Why would Toyota show the heavy-metal in every single advertising promo video and photo shoot? It seems like most everyone that has received a CE is always saying” I can live with the colour I received, but I would’ve much rather had a heavy metal”. Me included. Then turn around and delete that colour from the lineup? Sigh.