Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
261 - 280 of 308 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
I'm with Richmond Hill, I don't like them but it is simply too late to get with another dealer.

Well my salesman was honest enough to tell me I am now first in line, I don't know if the other one will try for the circuit or just didn't want it anymore, but I won't take any chance and go with this car. I was told they expect it by the end of march which is perfect there should be less snow on the ground.

· Registered
16 Posts
yink pour le fun ta fait un dépôt à quelle date? j'en ai faite un a tr pour un core rouge le 9 avril pis y m'ont dit que j'était 9e sa liste 🤮 moi qui pensait prendre de l'avance..

Je suis aller le lendemain de l'annonce à 11h30, je n'étais pas le 1er à ce moment là je viens tout juste de tomber premier j'assumes que le premier va essayer d'avoir une circuit, parce que c'est ce que mon vendeur semblait dire. Si j'avais pas eu des cours le matin à l'ouverture j'aurais été dans la porte ça faisais 1 an je suivais les rumeurs et que je savais que c'étais le char que je voulais acheter.

· Registered
16 Posts
ah ouin pas pire, jamais j'aurais pensé que cte char la serais populaire demême.. bon ben ma continuer d'économiser pis espérer en avoir un d'ici 2026 🙄

J'étais 2ième et il m'a dit qu'il s'attendent à 3 cette année. 2026 au plus tard d'après moi tu devrais l'avoir. Tu tombes déjà 7ieme après le premier char livré.

· Registered
39 Posts
Just saw the core for the first time at the montreal auto salon and im not gonna lie the interior is pretty boring and i’d expect more for a 48k car.

exterior is 95% imo, maybe the gloss black grill instead of mate black would make it 100% perfect.

there was also a normal corolla hatch there and the interiour was better with better material and black instead of grey door panels. it also had a bigger spoiler. my gf even said just buy a normal corolla and swap it lol just cause the normal corolla looked better minus the widebody.

i still want it but kinda wanna wait to see next year special models or atleast have more options.

Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

Vehicle Car Grille White Hood

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

· Registered
1992 Toyota Paseo
366 Posts
Just saw the core for the first time at the montreal auto salon and im not gonna lie the interior is pretty boring and i’d expect more for a 48k car.

exterior is 95% imo, maybe the gloss black grill instead of mate black would make it 100% perfect.

there was also a normal corolla hatch there and the interiour was better with better material and black instead of grey door panels. it also had a bigger spoiler. my gf even said just buy a normal corolla and swap it lol just cause the normal corolla looked better minus the widebody.

i still want it but kinda wanna wait to see next year special models or atleast have more options.

View attachment 6796
View attachment 6798
View attachment 6797
I think if you think of the super cars of old, that's how they were. Amazing exterior, design and performance, and boring interiors. If you look at this car as a rally bred sports hatch, it will really gauge your expectations. It's a basic car in terms of amenities, but it's driving characteristics are probably so enjoyable.

· Registered
58 Posts
I went to the Montreal Car show as well. Interior is definitely lack luster considering the price.

My girlfriend actually found the GR86 (premium) felt like it had a slightly nicer interior and was shocked to hear it was basically $10k cheaper than the GR Corolla 😅

· Registered
39 Posts
I think if you think of the super cars of old, that's how they were. Amazing exterior, design and performance, and boring interiors. If you look at this car as a rally bred sports hatch, it will really gauge your expectations. It's a basic car in terms of amenities, but it's driving characteristics are probably so enjoyable.
I just wish it had a better interior for a car built in 2022, especially for the price they sell it for. heck my 2009 sti has a better interior and its pretty basic.

· Registered
73 Posts
Hard to compare with a “supercar” since the GRC is not one by any metric, nor is it a rally bred homologation car. It’s a production hatchback made for daily driving with a sporty edge.

· Registered
31 Posts
Strange way of looking at it...you could compare it to supercars from 50 years ago. But why not measure it against its modern peers in the same price range; Golf R, CTR, Elantra N?
GRC interior is bargain bin cheap.

· Registered
73 Posts
Strange way of looking at it...you could compare it to supercars from 50 years ago. But why not measure it against its modern peers in the same price range; Golf R, CTR, Elantra N?
I would even go as far to say it is the worst interior of any vehicle in its price range.

· Registered
2022 GR86
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #274 ·
Pacific Zone!

Total Vehicles (4)

Export to ExcelSorting

TradeVTNDealerModelSuffixColourAPXOrder TypeETA FromETA ToAccessory InstallCityProvince
Trade082031901148 - OpenRoad Toyota-Peace ArchABAAEM - GR Corolla CoreAM - GR Corolla Core/Black0202 - Black00STOCK Open2023-02-122023-02-14NoSurreyBritish Columbia
Trade082030301117 - Westminster ToyotaABAAEM - GR Corolla CoreAM - GR Corolla Core/Black0040 - White00STOCK Open2023-02-122023-02-14NoNEW WESTMINSTERBritish Columbia
Trade082031801147 - OpenRoad Toyota-AbbotsfordABAAEM - GR Corolla CoreAM - GR Corolla Core/Black0202 - Black00STOCK Open2023-02-132023-02-15NoAbbotsfordBritish Columbia
Trade082030401140 - Jim Pattison Toyota - DowntownABAAEM - GR Corolla CoreAM - GR Corolla Core/Black0040 - White00STOCK Open2023-02-222023-02-26NoVancouverBritish Columbia

Total Vehicles (1)

Export to ExcelSorting

TradeVTNDealerModelSuffixColourAPXOrder TypeETA FromETA ToAccessory InstallCityProvince
Trade082028601082 - OpenRoad Toyota - Port MoodyABAAEM - GR Corolla CoreAR - GR Corolla Core -Premium Colour/Black03U5 - Supersonic Red00DNC2023-02-122023-02-14YesPort MoodyBritish Columbia

· Registered
1992 Toyota Paseo
366 Posts
The only justification I can think of is that a lot of the $$ went into the R&D. Given the engine was already in production, I don't know how much room a Corolla offers for R&D.

TBH, for me, interiors are the least of my worries. A good seat, steering wheel and driving dynamics are what I am looking for. If I wanted a comfy ride and luxury interior, I would not be buying a Toyota. I can see where comparing it to the XSE can be a little drabby, but the XSE is also slow, has more basic seats and probably costs a lot less to produce. Cost of production of the GR is much higher than an XSE.

If you want a nicer interior for the same price, get a Golf R, or for less, get an Elantra N. There really isn't a point to talk about this further because I don't think interiors are going to change much going forward being that it is on a Corolla platform. It may get closer to an XSE, but that is it.

· Registered
50 Posts
Pacific Zone!

Total Vehicles (4)

Export to ExcelSorting

Trade082031901148 - OpenRoad Toyota-Peace ArchABAAEM - GR Corolla CoreAM - GR Corolla Core/Black0202 - Black00STOCK Open2023-02-122023-02-14NoSurreyBritish Columbia
Trade082030301117 - Westminster ToyotaABAAEM - GR Corolla CoreAM - GR Corolla Core/Black0040 - White00STOCK Open2023-02-122023-02-14NoNEW WESTMINSTERBritish Columbia
Trade082031801147 - OpenRoad Toyota-AbbotsfordABAAEM - GR Corolla CoreAM - GR Corolla Core/Black0202 - Black00STOCK Open2023-02-132023-02-15NoAbbotsfordBritish Columbia
Trade082030401140 - Jim Pattison Toyota - DowntownABAAEM - GR Corolla CoreAM - GR Corolla Core/Black0040 - White00STOCK Open2023-02-222023-02-26NoVancouverBritish Columbia

Total Vehicles (1)

Export to ExcelSorting

Trade082028601082 - OpenRoad Toyota - Port MoodyABAAEM - GR Corolla CoreAR - GR Corolla Core -Premium Colour/Black03U5 - Supersonic Red00DNC2023-02-122023-02-14YesPort MoodyBritish Columbia
Woohoo! What does "Order Type: DNC" and "Accessory Install: Yes" mean in more detail?

261 - 280 of 308 Posts