Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
241 - 260 of 308 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
So I was just having fun with the numbers.

1st chart: Blue is the vin numbers I've so far, Yellow is Astramael's counted allocations.
2nd chart: Based on these numbers so far, out of 800 supposed cars to come in 2023 model year, that's approximately how it's bound to be spread out - sorry Saskatchewan

View attachment 6770
View attachment 6769

I hope this is an undercount for BC!

Here's the Google Sheet for you to play with further: Canada GR Corolla Tracker

· Registered
50 Posts
What color did you want and what are you getting?
I want either red or black.
Getting a white one.
We'll see if anyone wants to trade allocations, otherwise I think I might offer it to whoever's next in the list.
First couple of clients are my clients anyways so... I gotta crunch the numbers... I really really really want this car...

· Registered
30 Posts
Getting a white one.
We'll see if anyone wants to trade allocations, otherwise I think I might offer it to whoever's next in the list.
First couple of clients are my clients anyways so... I gotta crunch the numbers... I really really really want this car...
To hijack for a moment, is the red car you posted earlier in this thread an allocation vehicle, or is it a vehicle owned by Toyota and being sent to a car show? Do you know if that dealership (Spinelli Toyota Lachine) has a white car inbound as well? Just trying to sort out the allocation data situation!

· Registered
50 Posts
42073 and 53010 aren't stock numbers. they're dealer codes. so all that means is that that dealership has got 2
To hijack for a moment, is the red car you posted earlier in this thread an allocation vehicle, or is it a vehicle owned by Toyota and being sent to a car show? Do you know if that dealership (Spinelli Toyota Lachine) has a white car inbound as well? Just trying to sort out the allocation data situation!
Ehm.
I work at 53010 (Spinelli Toyota Lachine).
We haven't received one yet, apart from the red one I posted photos of, but that wasn't ours. Toyota Canada only parked it (and a couple of other cars) here until the Montréal Auto Show began last friday.

So theoretically, the white one you see in that list is the first one we have on the way.

· Registered
16 Posts
Quebec!

Total Vehicles (13)

Export to ExcelSorting

TradeVTNDealerModelSuffixColourAPXOrder TypeETA FromETA ToAccessory InstallCityProvince
Trade082029453119 - Sherbrooke ToyotaABAAEM - GR Corolla CoreAR - GR Corolla Core -Premium Colour/Black03U5 - Supersonic Red00STOCK Open2023-03-042023-03-10NoSherbrookeQuebec
Trade082029553013 - Alix ToyotaABAAEM - GR Corolla CoreAR - GR Corolla Core -Premium Colour/Black03U5 - Supersonic Red00STOCK Open2023-03-042023-03-10NoMontrealQuebec
Trade082029653144 - Vimont Toyota LavalABAAEM - GR Corolla CoreAR - GR Corolla Core -Premium Colour/Black03U5 - Supersonic Red00STOCK Open2023-03-042023-03-10NoLavalQuebec
Trade082031253010 - Spinelli ToyotaABAAEM - GR Corolla CoreAM - GR Corolla Core/Black0040 - White00STOCK Open2023-03-042023-03-10NoLachineQuebec
Trade082032953140 - Candiac ToyotaABAAEM - GR Corolla CoreAM - GR Corolla Core/Black0202 - Black00STOCK Open2023-03-042023-03-10NoCandiacQuebec
Trade082031453142 - Toyota St-EustacheABAAEM - GR Corolla CoreAM - GR Corolla Core/Black0040 - White00STOCK Open2023-03-192023-03-25NoSt-EustacheQuebec
Trade082029753069 - Toyota GatineauABAAEM - GR Corolla CoreAR - GR Corolla Core -Premium Colour/Black03U5 - Supersonic Red00STOCK Open2023-03-242023-03-30NoGatineauQuebec
Trade082029853170 - Toyota MagogABAAEM - GR Corolla CoreAR - GR Corolla Core -Premium Colour/Black03U5 - Supersonic Red00STOCK Open2023-03-242023-03-30NoMagogQuebec
Trade082033053124 - Trois-Rivieres ToyotaABAAEM - GR Corolla CoreAM - GR Corolla Core/Black0202 - Black00STOCK Open2023-03-242023-03-30NoTrois-RivieresQuebec
Trade082033153187 - Carrefour 40-640 ToyotaABAAEM - GR Corolla CoreAM - GR Corolla Core/Black0202 - Black00STOCK Open2023-03-242023-03-30NoCharlemagneQuebec
Trade082033253044 - Toyota St-JeromeABAAEM - GR Corolla CoreAM - GR Corolla Core/Black0202 - Black00STOCK Open2023-03-242023-03-30NoMirabelQuebec
Trade082033353189 - Toyota Gabriel Centre-VilleABAAEM - GR Corolla CoreAM - GR Corolla Core/Black0202 - Black00STOCK Open2023-03-242023-03-30NoMontrealQuebec

So my dealer is on this list. I am 2nd on the list should I wait for a circuit and assume that since they were from the first to receive cores they might have a shot for a circuit ? I'm going to give them a call tomorrow and see if the first in line takes the Black core at Toyota Trois-Rivières, if I get offered that car and someone would have wanted a black I am open to any trade for colours as I like em all.

· Registered
230 Posts
Is my dealer the only one not locking into your color so being a certain number in line isn't actually the truth because there's effectively 3 lines? My idiot of a salesman told me I'd get sent back to the end of the line if I switch for another color.
Edit for typo

· Registered
16 Posts
Is my dealer the only one not locking into your color so being a certain number in line isn't actually the truth because there's effectively 3 lines? My idiot of a salesman told me I'd get sent back to the end of the line if I switch for another color.

There is only one line in TR according to my salesman, he asked me which color I wanted and any color was a perfect response for him. Which Dealer are you with ?

· Registered
16 Posts
Getting a white one.

I would be down to trade if I get offered the first one in Trois-Rivières. I'm not first in line, but my salesman seemed to think the first one in line would rather take the circuit edition. I guess I'll know tomorrow.

· Registered
1992 Toyota Paseo
366 Posts
So my dealer is on this list. I am 2nd on the list should I wait for a circuit and assume that since they were from the first to receive cores they might have a shot for a circuit ? I'm going to give them a call tomorrow and see if the first in line takes the Black core at Toyota Trois-Rivières, if I get offered that car and someone would have wanted a black I am open to any trade for colours as I like em all.
Nope. First you have to check and see if your dealer is even getting anymore. Many dealers will only get one GR, and it will be a core. Then, if they are getting more than one, to calculate the likelihood that that other one is a Circuit will be quite difficult. Simply put, if you are in a big city at a big dealer, you could say the chances of your dealer getting at least one circuit edition are pretty high. However, is that circuit going to you? Maybe, but it could also go to someone within the dealership that has dibs on it. That's what happened to me. So if you are okay with gambling you chances and you think the odds are in your favour, go ahead. You could be pushing your luck and only be able to get your hands on one in 2024. I got offered a core and took. Essentially I wanted a car I could track, and either option would be good for me. Core allows me to modify even more given the price difference.

· Registered
16 Posts
Nope. First you have to check and see if your dealer is even getting anymore. Many dealers will only get one GR, and it will be a core. Then, if they are getting more than one, to calculate the likelihood that that other one is a Circuit will be quite difficult. Simply put, if you are in a big city at a big dealer, you could say the chances of your dealer getting at least one circuit edition are pretty high. However, is that circuit going to you? Maybe, but it could also go to someone within the dealership that has dibs on it. That's what happened to me. So if you are okay with gambling you chances and you think the odds are in your favour, go ahead. You could be pushing your luck and only be able to get your hands on one in 2024. I got offered a core and took. Essentially I wanted a car I could track, and either option would be good for me. Core allows me to modify even more given the price difference.

I don't know their sales, seems like a pretty big dealer to me, since I am second in line and what I have been told is they get one they call the first if he wants it he takes it wether it's a core or circuit. Chances are anyway he's going to wait for a circuit so I'll be called for the first core. I heard of some dealer moving customers in the line, but it was made clear when I made my deposit the day after the reveal that I was not first and not long after that I was second and that stuck by so I'm pretty confident they would not just give the circuit to anyone at the dealer. They also had 2 supras in the showroom when I went there so I'd assume they won't be one of the biggest dealer in Quebec, but decent enough to get a circuit. Anyway I will be calling my salesman first thing tomorrow and I should be able to know already if they expect a circuit or not and if the first guy wants the car they're getting

· Registered
1992 Toyota Paseo
366 Posts
I don't know their sales, seems like a pretty big dealer to me, since I am second in line and what I have been told is they get one they call the first if he wants it he takes it wether it's a core or circuit. Chances are anyway he's going to wait for a circuit so I'll be called for the first core. I heard of some dealer moving customers in the line, but it was made clear when I made my deposit the day after the reveal that I was not first and not long after that I was second and that stuck by so I'm pretty confident they would not just give the circuit to anyone at the dealer. They also had 2 supras in the showroom when I went there so I'd assume they won't be one of the biggest dealer in Quebec, but decent enough to get a circuit. Anyway I will be calling my salesman first thing tomorrow and I should be able to know already if they expect a circuit or not and if the first guy wants the car they're getting
All I am saying is I "was" #1 at my dealer, and #1 specifically for a Circuit as I had mentioned almost a year ago to my dealer. 3 weeks ago I was told that the VP of the dealer "accidentally" put an order for a friend of his before mine, so the first circuit, if they got one, is going to him instead. And that is even though I have had a deposit on one since March of 2021. If you 100% believe wholeheartedly what your dealer is saying, just be prepared to be potentially dissapointed. At the end of the day, everything is somewhat hypothetical until you have the keys and ownership in hand. They could make an internal "mistake" and boom, your chances are shot.

· Registered
16 Posts
All I am saying is I "was" #1 at my dealer, and #1 specifically for a Circuit as I had mentioned almost a year ago to my dealer. 3 weeks ago I was told that the VP of the dealer "accidentally" put an order for a friend of his before mine, so the first circuit, if they got one, is going to him instead. And that is even though I have had a deposit on one since March of 2021. If you 100% believe wholeheartedly what your dealer is saying, just be prepared to be potentially dissapointed. At the end of the day, everything is somewhat hypothetical until you have the keys and ownership in hand. They could make an internal "mistake" and boom, your chances are shot.
I mean even if it turns out to be untrue if what Toyota is saying about the circuit coming spring 2023 I should know for sure before the next batch of cores. I'm not dead set on the circuit more trying to see if I should take a chance or not. I'll see if my salesman is ready to back me and put me back on top of the list if it goes wrong, but they also said there is only one line and every editions are treated equally so. I hope it's true, but I won't be that shocked if it turns out to be false. I already had a few problems with Toyota dealerships.

· Registered
50 Posts
I would be down to trade if I get offered the first one in Trois-Rivières. I'm not first in line, but my salesman seemed to think the first one in line would rather take the circuit edition. I guess I'll know tomorrow.
Not sure how that would work. I think we'd have to trade allocations with both dealers agreeing before hand (I don't see a problem with my dealer since, you know, I'm the dealer in a way looool) because once we've picked up the cars for ourselfs I don't think we can just swap cars at the SAAQ lol.

Anyways, lets not get too far ahead of ourselves. = P

· Registered
16 Posts
Not sure how that would work. I think we'd have to trade allocations with both dealers agreeing before hand (I don't see a problem with my dealer since, you know, I'm the dealer in a way looool) because once we've picked up the cars for ourselfs I don't think we can just swap cars at the SAAQ lol.

Anyways, lets not get too far ahead of ourselves. = P

Je viens de confirmer que je reçois la 1ère à Trois-Rivières. Si tu veux faire le trade écrit moi à [email protected] on va regarder ça.

241 - 260 of 308 Posts