Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
In the US CE is $42,900 ($43,900 w/delivery).

Straight exchange rate gives $56,499 ($57,816).

$54K is still cheaper than the US price.

I am not sure why VW is so out of whack, but GRC price seems like a minor deal.

However US$34,549 seems quite a deal for Core with diffs and heated seats.
Basically we are a little spoiled. There are lots of cars that a WAY cheaper up here (probably because Canadians just generally have lower disposable income). Spec out a Chevy Spark in both countries and you'll find its close to 40 percent less in Canada XD Now I'm going to say something that will upset people: For GR Corolla money you can get a mid range F-150. I'm sure we've all driven one of those, they're great. We enthusiast types pay a pretty premium for that specific kind of driving thrill. It's a shame there aren't more of us to drive prices down.

·
Registered
Suzuki GSXR750L7 Legacy 3.0R 6MT
323 Posts
"The understeer isn't too surprising for me. It's a FWD based AWD systems. My understanding is that most AWD cars are more prone to understeer than oversteer, but don't quote me on that one."

Correct both understeer and torque steer problems but you have to understand its only an all mechanical Torsen diff invented in 1958 in the GRC so while very reliable with fluid changes its not very intelligent in power distribution and things have moved on to the E-Differential which is a totally different beast which is why many FWD cars are so much better now.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm disappointed in the CDN pricing and was hoping to get a Circuit Edition but I'm not going to pay that outrageous amount so I'll probably end up settling for a Core this fall/winter, and get myself an ND Miata in the spring.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm a track rookie, and most people say the very best car to get to learn track driving on is the Miata, hands down.
This video kinda excites me to the control and playfulness of the Miata.
Plus the Miata is so lightweight I've read it is very inexpensive to run on the track.
I don't plan on tracking my GR Corolla unless it's on a snow/ice track and will get a used Miata for track driving/learning.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Does anyone know if Canadian GR Corollas come standard with all the packages?Technology package?
Performance package?
Cold weather package?
I've read it comes with the LSD's but what about the red brake calipers?
Lots of unanswered questions.
Tire Car Automotive tail & brake light Sky Automotive lighting

·
Super Moderator
839 Posts
Does anyone know if Canadian GR Corollas come standard with all the packages?Technology package?
Performance package?
Cold weather package?
View attachment 3557
For the brakes, on the Core. If you want the red brakes, you need to pay. But if you want the basic one, it will still be 4 pot front, 2 pot rear (black w/o gr badge)
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
22 Posts
Performance package?
Cold weather package?
View attachment 3557
read the canadian press release, I found it pretty clear.

Canada does not get the same packages as USA. Core comes with front/rear LSD and heated seats, but they don't include heating steering wheel from the cold weather package in USA and they don't include the red brake calipers from the performance pack from USA.

Circuit if fully loaded with all USA option packages.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm a track rookie, and most people say the very best car to get to learn track driving on is the Miata, hands down.
This video kinda excites me to the control and playfulness of the Miata.
Plus the Miata is so lightweight I've read it is very inexpensive to run on the track.
I don't plan on tracking my GR Corolla unless it's on a snow/ice track and will get a used Miata for track driving/learning.
I’ve been thinking about this and I’m having a hard time convincing myself to track a brand new $50k car I might be financing or even leasing. I track an s2k and back then it was just risking $13k. Also convertibles have some safety restrictions sometimes for tracking so a hard roof car might be beneficial.

·
Registered
150 Posts
read the canadian press release, I found it pretty clear.

Canada does not get the same packages as USA. Core comes with front/rear LSD and heated seats, but they don't include heating steering wheel from the cold weather package in USA and they don't include the red brake calipers from the performance pack from USA.

Circuit if fully loaded with all USA option packages.
Give Canadians heated seats but no heated steering wheel, man that makes absolutely no sense at all.
Toyota....News flash......Canada is freezing 🥶 cold in the winter, we need a heated steering wheel.
Pass this on to upper management.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm genuinely curious what people expected the GRC to cost when $45.5k is "significantly higher" but an XSE costs $30k.
MSRP is 32k euros(including vat/taxes) in the UK. That puts the GR Yaris at roughly 26,700k~ without taxes. The euro is about equal with the dollar. That's base.

Color me surprised that the GR Corolla is essentially 10k more for base. If you go back compare the regular hatchbacks (Yaris and Corolla, us vs UK) they are maybe 3k diff if vat is included or cost equally if vat is not included (toyota.co.uk doesn't say).

So I'll just wait.

Check for yourself, toyota.com and toyota.co.uk

·
Registered
65 Posts
Core is starting at $45.5
Circuit is $54 and ME is $60.

Unfortunately these prices are quite a bit more than I was expecting so I’ve gotta call it, I was really looking forward to this.
So it's cheaper to get a gr Corolla in Canada than the US with lsd, and heated seats @ 33k US.

I may go this route.

·
Registered
93 Posts
So it's cheaper to get a gr Corolla in Canada than the US with lsd, and heated seats @ 33k US.

I may go this route.
Yeah umm no.
  • Canada is a tiny population compared to the United States.
  • A much smaller piece of the allocation pie will be cut for Canada.
  • Even considering just the biggest cities over here (check our subforums: Toronto, Vancouver), the biggest volume Toyota dealers are getting as many GRCs as you can count on one hand IF they're that lucky.
  • The Canadian population isn't evenly spread across the country. Don Valley North in Toronto has a line up of 100+ people when they will only be allocated ~5 GRCs at best. A remote location in the middle of nowhere will probably never get a GRC allocated to them.
  • Similar to how Canada has free health care but not really (you guys really liked that joke), Canada doesn't have ADM but not really. The vehicle price may be $45.5k, but be prepared to pay ~$5k worth of high margin required add-ons, meaning you can't negotiate for useful add-ons like winter tires or cosmetic accessories. Yes, some people will pay this "ADM", because Canada is full of hustlers flipping them for profit (as is rest of the ""first"" world). That dealer will gladly see you walk away and not even remember your name.
  • If you find a MSRP dealer in the United States, which according to you guys and that one crowd sourced site it is very possible, most likely they are not forcing add-ons.
  • Even if you are blessed by all seven dragon balls and you find a Canadian dealer who is committed to MSRP and no required add-ons, you aren't the first to hear about it. Get in line.
  • Don't forget our tax %, or the hassle and fees of importing.
  • Canadian Core is in fact not fully loaded, you're actually getting half of each package.
  • Canada gets everything later than the United States.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yeah umm no.
  • Canada is a tiny population compared to the United States.
  • A much smaller piece of the allocation pie will be cut for Canada.
  • Even considering just the biggest cities over here (check our subforums: Toronto, Vancouver), the biggest volume Toyota dealers are getting as many GRCs as you can count on one hand IF they're that lucky.
  • The Canadian population isn't evenly spread across the country. Don Valley North in Toronto has a line up of 100+ people when they will only be allocated ~5 GRCs at best. A remote location in the middle of nowhere will probably never get a GRC allocated to them.
  • Similar to how Canada has free health care but not really (you guys really liked that joke), Canada doesn't have ADM but not really. The vehicle price may be $45.5k, but be prepared to pay ~$5k worth of high margin required add-ons, meaning you can't negotiate for useful add-ons like winter tires or cosmetic accessories. Yes, some people will pay this "ADM", because Canada is full of hustlers flipping them for profit (as is rest of the ""first"" world). That dealer will gladly see you walk away and not even remember your name.
  • If you find a MSRP dealer in the United States, which according to you guys and that one crowd sourced site it is very possible, most likely they are not forcing add-ons.
  • Even if you are blessed by all seven dragon balls and you find a Canadian dealer who is committed to MSRP and no required add-ons, you aren't the first to hear about it. Get in line.
  • Don't forget our tax %, or the hassle and fees of importing.
  • Canadian Core is in fact not fully loaded, you're actually getting half of each package.
  • Canada gets everything later than the United States.
Not immediately, but used. Given it's more expensive than a golf r, things may change or I'll get a golf r lol.

·
Registered
☆ 1991 Celica GTFour RC ☆ 2000 Grand Cherokee ☆
361 Posts
MSRP is 32k euros(including vat/taxes) in the UK. That puts the GR Yaris at roughly 26,700k~ without taxes. The euro is about equal with the dollar. That's base.

Color me surprised that the GR Corolla is essentially 10k more for base. If you go back compare the regular hatchbacks (Yaris and Corolla, us vs UK) they are maybe 3k diff if vat is included or cost equally if vat is not included (toyota.co.uk doesn't say).

So I'll just wait.

Check for yourself, toyota.com and toyota.co.uk
We're talking about Canadian pricing here, not US. A couple grand isn't significant, so someone saying the GRC cost a lot more than they were expecting means they thought it would be a fair bit under $40k, say $35-38k. In Canada a Corolla hatch XSE is $30k and there's no way a GRC was going to only cost $5-8k more than that so someone being shocked at the actual price is a little laughable.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.