Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Accord Coupe V6 Nav (manual), 2021 Corolla XSE HB (auto)
251 Posts
Core is starting at $45.5
Circuit is $54 and ME is $60.

Unfortunately these prices are quite a bit more than I was expecting so I’ve gotta call it, I was really looking forward to this.
I’m not sure what’s going on with it coming in as more expensive than a Golf R in Canada either. I’m really sorry man. At least you know now….I have to wait until next spring to see if the dealer is going to pull a fast one on me….or add adm…..hope you find a great alternative.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Core is starting at $45.5
Circuit is $54 and ME is $60.

Unfortunately these prices are quite a bit more than I was expecting so I’ve gotta call it, I was really looking forward to this.
Core at 45k is alright coming fully loaded in canada, my biggest concern is the circuit edition at 54k, we have so many interesting options in the 55k to 60k cars bracket o_O

·
Registered
☆ 1991 Celica GTFour RC ☆ 2000 Grand Cherokee ☆
351 Posts
I'm genuinely curious what people expected the GRC to cost when $45.5k is "significantly higher" but an XSE costs $30k.

·
Registered
Suzuki GSXR750L7 Legacy 3.0R 6MT
316 Posts
There is no way I would be looking at the GRC at those prices if I could buy a RHD manual Golf R in this country.

The new Golf R is very nice and they are just sitting on showroom floors over here waiting for a buyer. The Blue colour is stunning.

·
Registered
11 Posts
While the MK8 Golf R is part of my top list, I believe that it's worth looking at facts. On the official VW build configurator, a 6MT + Sunroof is not that far from the Circuit Edition. Not to mention, VW is increasing the prices for the 2023 model...

Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot Number

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oh you haven't heard? The Core up here is priced next to Golf R but it does not come fully loaded. They took out half of the features in each package.
I know but not having the heated steering wheel and red brakes is not too important for me, as long as I have the LSD option fair enough its a jdm and a lots of aftermarket parts will be available so...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Your first post is saying you're out? Ok.

I am genuinely curious how the Golf R is cheaper though. What tomfoolery is VW pulling with that.
I don’t post a lot on any forums, I mostly stick around for the knowledge. Also I really thought I posted in here at least once saying hello but I must have decided against it, just a car enthusiast creeper. I was just rattled enough about the circuit edition price to post.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Really disappointed 😞.
Canadian pricing is way higher than I expected.
I was hoping the Core would come in at around $40,000 CDN, it's actually $45,490 an extra $5,490 or $6,200 with tax.
$53,990 CDN for the Circuit, and with tax is $61,000 CDN is frigging obscene for a bloody Corolla.
Plus the Core fabric seats look pretty low rent, with insufficient side bolstering, and many mention understeer, and pretty low fuel economy for a 3 cylinder.
Not what I expected.
Since I already have a winter beater and snow tires, I'll probably end up getting an ND Miata and either supercharging or turbocharging it to 250-300hp for my fun car, and call it a day.
Really like this blue color on the Miata.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

·
Registered
70 Posts
In the US CE is $42,900 ($43,900 w/delivery).

Straight exchange rate gives $56,499 ($57,816).

$54K is still cheaper than the US price.

I am not sure why VW is so out of whack, but GRC price seems like a minor deal.

However US$34,549 seems quite a deal for Core with diffs and heated seats.

·
Registered
22 Posts
actually, you are right, it's the Golf R that is very cheap over here. Way cheaper than everywhere else in the world...

Hard to get a Golf R though...

It think the core version price is OK with the included options, not sure i'd pay almost 10k more for the circuit though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well I am in. I was hoping for a core with dual LSDs for $45000. I'm trading red calipers for heated seats for $45500. Seems fair to me. Given how well my Focus RS is holding its value here, I should be primed to actually lower my car payment when I trade it in.

Circuit edition is way too much money though. I don't think the carbon roof will hold up well to snow/winter well either.

·
Registered
2020 X3M Competition
86 Posts
This looks like a really nice little car but $54k is kind of stretching things for a Corolla especially given the interior which is far inferior than the upcoming Civic Type R or Golf R. It's not a Toyota problem as they won't have any problems selling every single one and the car should hold resale better than a lot of other vehicles in the price range.

Personally I'm more concerned about all the reports of understeer.

·
Super Moderator
720 Posts
This looks like a really nice little car but $54k is kind of stretching things for a Corolla especially given the interior which is far inferior than the upcoming Civic Type R or Golf R. It's not a Toyota problem as they won't have any problems selling every single one and the car should hold resale better than a lot of other vehicles in the price range.

Personally I'm more concerned about all the reports of understeer.
Yeah, Toyota isn't exactly known for top end interior quality. Anyone expecting VW or even Honda levels of interior space are probably very disappointed.

The understeer isn't too surprising for me. It's a FWD based AWD systems. My understanding is that most AWD cars are more prone to understeer than oversteer, but don't quote me on that one.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.