Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Multiple GRC's are at Utah Motorsports Campus and will be there throughout the week for the press drives on Wednesday! According to a Reddit post, the Toyota reps are really cool about letting people look around. So please for the sake of the GR community, take y'all butts to the UMC and take multiple pics and videos! My suggestion? Find a white and red circuit edition and take multiple pics from all angles along with video!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Was there for an event on Saturday and caught a glimpse of a row of the GRCs in one of the day garages. I wondered aloud if what I saw was real and almost turned back, but three hungry kiddos wouldn’t have had it. I’m now regretting a little from not doubling back.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Was there for an event on Saturday and caught a glimpse of a row of the GRCs in one of the day garages. I wondered aloud if what I saw was real and almost turned back, but three hungry kiddos wouldn’t have had it. I’m now regretting a little from doubling back.
Welcome to the forum @the_shansen! Did you happen to get a photo of the GRCs?

·
Registered
2008 FJ, 2022 GR Supra, 2020 RAV4 Hybrid
455 Posts
Alright thirsty friends I will do all I can do get some content. I've taken the day off work and will be there at 12ish. I'll kick around the track and try to get as close as I can to the cars. I'll have the phone for video recording and I'll bring my DSLR for shots. If anyone has additional information on the press event like times and what not that would be very very helpful.

·
Super Moderator
720 Posts
Alright thirsty friends I will do all I can do get some content. I've taken the day off work and will be there at 12ish. I'll kick around the track and try to get as close as I can to the cars. I'll have the phone for video recording and I'll bring my DSLR for shots. If anyone has additional information on the press event like times and what not that would be very very helpful.
Make sure you stalk @Guff while you're there. ;)

·
Registered
36 Posts

Yes! You are a God among mere mortals.

·
Registered
157 Posts
You dropped this: 👑

·
Banned
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Watch Human Beard Bottle Coat

·
Registered
08 STI / 85 CB650SC Nighthawk (kinda cafe)
104 Posts
The press started all their stuff today and they made it sound like they'd be there all week. I was told no pictures on Sunday when I was there, I had my camera and decided to be respectful about not trying to sneak anything.

I think they had like 12 GRCs there, 6 were already detailed and covered when I got there and they had 6 more they were working on. 2 of the 6 were core editions (red and black), then they had 2 white and 2 gray circuit editions. They let me sit in one of the circuit editions right before they started detailing it. Everyone there was from the "drive team". None of them had actually had significant seat time in the cars yet (5-10 minutes simply moving the cars around), but they were all planning to get a ton more this week. They were super awesome about talking with me and letting me poke around, but without having seat time they weren't super knowledgable.

They also had I think 8 manual supras, all in new colors for 2023. The matte white looked phenomenal.

And they had 2 86s in the bay, but I heard someone say there were more in the other garage.

·
Registered
2008 FJ, 2022 GR Supra, 2020 RAV4 Hybrid
455 Posts
The press started all their stuff today and they made it sound like they'd be there all week. I was told no pictures on Sunday when I was there, I had my camera and decided to be respectful about not trying to sneak anything.

I think they had like 12 GRCs there, 6 were already detailed and covered when I got there and they had 6 more they were working on. 2 of the 6 were core editions (red and black), then they had 2 white and 2 gray circuit editions. They let me sit in one of the circuit editions right before they started detailing it. Everyone there was from the "drive team". None of them had actually had significant seat time in the cars yet (5-10 minutes simply moving the cars around), but they were all planning to get a ton more this week. They were super awesome about talking with me and letting me poke around, but without having seat time they weren't super knowledgable.

They also had I think 8 manual supras, all in new colors for 2023. The matte white looked phenomenal.

And they had 2 86s in the bay, but I heard someone say there were more in the other garage.
Great info, hope you enjoyed sitting in the circuit! Any UMC staffers? My big concern is getting past the gate.

·
Registered
08 STI / 85 CB650SC Nighthawk (kinda cafe)
104 Posts
Great info, hope you enjoyed sitting in the circuit! Any UMC staffers? My big concern is getting past the gate.
There was NASA racing and extreme experience going on yesterday, so no issue getting in the gates. No clue what that will be like on Wednesday though.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts