Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I called the local dealership in Victoria and was rudely replied to. Simply inquiry “hey are you guys taking pre orders” with some rude dude saying I missed out and it’s sold out and some tangent about how they sell cars at mrsp.
Anyways

I called one dealership in Vancouver and they said it’s a 30 person waitlist and they may only get one or two circuit editions

sigh.
Any luck anyone else?
Two Vancouver dealers I have dealt with also have wait lists of 25+

·
Registered
1 Posts
I tried going to the Langley BC dealership but they aren't taking any orders for any GR. Ultimately I don't care how long I wait, I just want to put cash down for a circuit edition, I don't even care if I get it in 2025. Will they make a circuit edition every year?

I will try popping in the Richmond BC dealership as well. I've driven crappy cars for long enough, time to spend some money.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I tried going to the Langley BC dealership but they aren't taking any orders for any GR. Ultimately I don't care how long I wait, I just want to put cash down for a circuit edition, I don't even care if I get it in 2025. Will they make a circuit edition every year?

I will try popping in the Richmond BC dealership as well. I've driven crappy cars for long enough, time to spend some money.
Seems like the CE is only a first year edition.

·
Registered
2010 TRD Supercharged Tundra, 2018 Tesla Performance Model 3, 2021 Tesla Model Y, GR Corolla deposit
10 Posts

I called Toyotatown Langley 2 months ago to ask about reservations and they said they weren’t taking any. Expect a major markup above MRSP there. The CE is only first year…I wonder what the markup on a Morizo edition will be or even make it to Canada with only 200 produced. I’d prefer a Core or CE since I don’t want a 2-seater, but the Morizo will be the most collectible.

·
Registered
'13 FR-S, '09 Yaris 5 Dr, '88 Celica All-Trac, '87 FX16, '83 FJ40, '69 Datsun 510, Suzuki XL-7
468 Posts
Don't know about Canada, but I'm pretty sure there will be some version of a CE every year. Even the ME is supposed to be every year, according to rumours and even a Toyota rep alluding to that.

·
Registered
2010 TRD Supercharged Tundra, 2018 Tesla Performance Model 3, 2021 Tesla Model Y, GR Corolla deposit
10 Posts
Must have pulled the trick where they sold the car to themselves, marked it as “used”, and then proceed to charge whatever they want. Which Honda dealer was this?
The Hondaway. I was checking out there S2000 inventory they have stored off the lot over winter and they had a CTR LE listed for $80K that was sold back in February. They also jacked up the S2K prices over $10k from previous Fall prices when they did not sell. Those cars are still sitting in their inventory…helped make my decision in getting a GRC rather than a S2K for the same price.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Are markups legal here? I thought we didnt do that in Canada.
I tried to look up about the legality of ADM in Canada, I can't find anywhere that says it's illegal to sell new car above MSRP. Manufacturers won't do a thing about how dealers operate.

No ones like markup, but the dealers turn it around by adding all sort of doc fees, finance fees, inspection fees (on top of PDI) etc. As bigger dealers are buying out smaller ones, paying fees to buy a car is regular.

I am surprised people seem to be happy paying the fees to the dealers, on the other hand, totally flip out when the government imposes more taxes. lol. If people can stop supporting these gouging practices by buying car used or support smaller dealers with no markups, I am sure the bigger dealers would have to reconsider their fees. I already pulled my deposit from one said dealer and went with another smaller one just to make an example.

"Dealers" makes car buying a very unpleasant experience, it needs to get on with time and get rid of the middle-men. Dealers should be a local extension of the brand, to delivery the goods and services.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Try buying a C8 Vette at MSRP. The ones in the showrooms are marked up by $30-40K and even more. I see a few offering the C8 Vettes at MSRP, but it’s over a year wait and more like 2 years.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I tried to look up about the legality of ADM in Canada, I can't find anywhere that says it's illegal to sell new car above MSRP. Manufacturers won't do a thing about how dealers operate.

No ones like markup, but the dealers turn it around by adding all sort of doc fees, finance fees, inspection fees (on top of PDI) etc. As bigger dealers are buying out smaller ones, paying fees to buy a car is regular.

I am surprised people seem to be happy paying the fees to the dealers, on the other hand, totally flip out when the government imposes more taxes. lol. If people can stop supporting these gouging practices by buying car used or support smaller dealers with no markups, I am sure the bigger dealers would have to reconsider their fees. I already pulled my deposit from one said dealer and went with another smaller one just to make an example.

"Dealers" makes car buying a very unpleasant experience, it needs to get on with time and get rid of the middle-men. Dealers should be a local extension of the brand, to delivery the goods and services.
Found this in Alberta
Font Screenshot Web page Multimedia Number

·
Registered
35 Posts
Are markups legal here? I thought we didnt do that in Canada.
My understanding of all in pricing is that the price you see is the "drive out" price. That means they have to disclose all the fees and markup on the price sheet . I was under the impression that dealer markup is illegal until I start looking, boy am I ever so naive. 😭

I am not sure about you guys, the FOMO is starting to wear out for me. If Toyota is playing hard to get, then I am out. At the end of the day, it's still a Corolla hatchback objectively speaking. Since I am already driving one, I'd just imagine I am in the GR... The GR 2x price tag doesn't translate to 2x the happiness.

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Try buying a C8 Vette at MSRP. The ones in the showrooms are marked up by $30-40K and even more. I see a few offering the C8 Vettes at MSRP, but it’s over a year wait and more like 2 years.
They get away on mark ups if the owner of the dealership bought the said vehicle then resell it to a higher price

·
Registered
28 Posts
My understanding of all in pricing is that the price you see is the "drive out" price. That means they have to disclose all the fees and markup on the price sheet . I was under the impression that dealer markup is illegal until I start looking, boy am I ever so naive. 😭

I am not sure about you guys, the FOMO is starting to wear out for me. If Toyota is playing hard to get, then I am out. At the end of the day, it's still a Corolla hatchback objectively speaking. Since I am already driving one, I'd just imagine I am in the GR... The GR 2x price tag doesn't translate to 2x the happiness.
If anything, it's probably going to be the worst in the first model year, then dwindle down. There's a lot of money here in BC, but I'm not sure how many are willing to part with their dollars for a Corolla.

·
Registered
35 Posts
If anything, it's probably going to be the worst in the first model year, then dwindle down. There's a lot of money here in BC, but I'm not sure how many are willing to part with their dollars for a Corolla.
I am not sure if that's true, it seems that having 6MT only really turns some people away. 😆

No way I am trying Richmond Toyota dealer, enough is enough with the long wait, the fees and attitude of the people there.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am not sure if that's true, it seems that having 6MT only really turns some people away. 😆

No way I am trying Richmond Toyota dealer, enough is enough with the long wait, the fees and attitude of the people there.
lol well I did put a deposit down at Openroad Richmond... and didn't really care for the attitude of the guy. Took forever just to answer basic questions and it almost felt like he didn't want to take my deposit. So I went ahead and put one down at Port Moody instead and that was a much better experience. Took 2 hours instead of 2 days.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My dealer (Coquitlam, BC) told me there will be 80 GR corollas in total this year in Canada. So no guarantee one car for each dealer.
And even with one car per dealer, they will be most likely for store owner > their friends > VIP customers, some dealer won't even sell them, to put them in showroom instead.
I like them being honest with me so waiting for 1.5 - 2 years is more realistic :(
So getting onto wait list... doesn't make a difference at least this year

·
Registered
36 Posts
My dealer (Coquitlam, BC) told me there will be 80 GR corollas in total this year in Canada. So no guarantee one car for each dealer.
And even with one car per dealer, they will be most likely for store owner > their friends > VIP customers, some dealer won't even sell them, to put them in showroom instead.
I like them being honest with me so waiting for 1.5 - 2 years is more realistic :(
So getting onto wait list... doesn't make a difference at least this year
80 cores, circuit, morizio? I still don't think anyone really knows especially some random salesman from BC

41 - 60 of 63 Posts