Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
☆ 1991 Celica GTFour RC ☆ 2000 Grand Cherokee ☆
257 Posts
If they try to pull that on me they'll be disappointed, if I can't get a GR I'd likely go for a base base model lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Put down a $500 deposit end of February at Richmond Toyota, then was informed that I was 4th on the waiting list, they gave me a receipt for the deposit. Fingers crossed, but I do want a CE so not keeping my hopes up too high as will get too disappointed since the production qty is so low.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Put down a $500 deposit end of February at Richmond Toyota, then was informed that I was 4th on the waiting list, they gave me a receipt for the deposit. Fingers crossed, but I do want a CE so not keeping my hopes up too high as will get too disappointed since the production qty is so low.
I did the same thing at Richmond around the beginning of March, have you contacted your sales rep to finalize options or anything?

·
Registered
☆ 1991 Celica GTFour RC ☆ 2000 Grand Cherokee ☆
257 Posts
The heated seats are standard but there's no mention of the heated wheel or any of the optional packages in the Canadian press release.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did the same thing at Richmond around the beginning of March, have you contacted your sales rep to finalize options or anything?
No, i got the deposit receipt, and after the reveal, the sales rep asked me if i wanted the core or the CE, that was it. I said i wanted the CE.

I wonder if the Canadian allocation qty will be separate to the US supposed CE 1500 unit for 2023, i hope so

·
Registered
2010 TRD Supercharged Tundra, 2018 Tesla Performance Model 3, 2021 Tesla Model Y, GR Corolla deposit
10 Posts
No, i got the deposit receipt, and after the reveal, the sales rep asked me if i wanted the core or the CE, that was it. I said i wanted the CE.

I wonder if the Canadian allocation qty will be separate to the US supposed CE 1500 unit for 2023, i hope so
Worldwide 8600 GR’s in total according to this source and 6600 going to US (Discrepancy from Toyotas 6500 announcement) and 2000 going to the rest of the world that includes Japan, NZ, Australia and Canada. Who knows how many will make it to our shores. I just put a $500 deposit in Apr 7th at my local Open Road Toyota in Abbotsford and called to be on wait list at smaller dealerships.

Doubt I’ll get a CE edition, but if a dealer marks up the CE over MSRP like some Honda dealers did with the CTR LE, there may be some around 6 months later still for sale that will be negotiable a bit over MSRP.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Those who pre-ordered digitally, please be careful of your paperwork. There are some fishy pranks going on and my friend order was cancelled. He was one of the first to order in the early this year.

Story is, the sales manager called my friend a few days ago and accused him of selling his pre order on a classified ad. They found my friend because the ad contained my friend's invoice. The manager said it was Toyota Canada's instruction to cancel the pre order. My friend of course was surprised and denied of knowing anything. They refused to provide more information to even discuss anything. He had no choice but to take the blame and got his deposit back. The sales manager said my friend was blacklisted from buying the same car as he is now a "high risk" customer.

Currently my friend is escalating this with Toyota Canada, hopefully to gain more insight and found out how his information was leaked. My friend was devastated and doesn't want to talk about this. He hope to get an apology and be put back in the line.

Since many of you received a scan of your invoice, the physical can be picked up by someone else and get misused....

Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Worldwide 8600 GR’s in total according to this source and 6600 going to US (Discrepancy from Toyotas 6500 announcement) and 2000 going to the rest of the world that includes Japan, NZ, Australia and Canada. Who knows how many will make it to our shores. I just put a $500 deposit in Apr 7th at my local Open Road Toyota in Abbotsford and called to be on wait list at smaller dealerships.

Doubt I’ll get a CE edition, but if a dealer marks up the CE over MSRP like some Honda dealers did with the CTR LE, there may be some around 6 months later still for sale that will be negotiable a bit over MSRP.
Did Abbotsford say what # you are on the waitlist?

·
Registered
2010 TRD Supercharged Tundra, 2018 Tesla Performance Model 3, 2021 Tesla Model Y, GR Corolla deposit
10 Posts
I think I'm #2 or #3. Did they give you an invoice or was it just a picture of the credit card receipt?
I went into the dealership and filled out paperwork and got a receipt saying it will be a GR Corolla the deposit is for.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I called the local dealership in Victoria and was rudely replied to. Simply inquiry “hey are you guys taking pre orders” with some rude dude saying I missed out and it’s sold out and some tangent about how they sell cars at mrsp.
Anyways

I called one dealership in Vancouver and they said it’s a 30 person waitlist and they may only get one or two circuit editions

sigh.
Any luck anyone else?

21 - 40 of 63 Posts