Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Ownership Discussion banner

Article: "Toyota’s Goal Is to Make “One Too Few” GR Corollas"

15K views 105 replies 29 participants last post by  linwozzle 
But dont they stick the GR badge on cars which just have some minor aero mods? Sounds like cheapening the GR badge a bit.
Hey no more boring cars. 😂

Stateside the only GR products we have are the big 3, we’ll see. To make the exact amount of cars needed though means order system instead of allocation but who knows.

And even now, GR is picking up the heritage parts division for older cool Toyotas. Hell, Toyota themselves never stopped making FJ40 parts when the car is over 60 years old
In japan they have companies that manufacturer replacement parts as well. That’s why I’m not worried about driving the car a lot

whats the difference between an allocation system and ordering system?
Allocation system is where Toyota builds a certain number of cars with various packages and they send them randomly to each dealer. Whenever you give your dealer a preference they try to get the closest spec to what you want.

An order system is when you build a car at the dealer they place that order and it comes in as you spec it. You’re not waiting on a waitlist per se with the dealer, you more so are waiting for your car to be built.

In an ordering system would those with deposit waitlists, in other words, a somewhat secure spot, be SOL? Or would dealers go in order and spec out the car with the next person in line?

I was just worried about a raffle system. A part of me realizes that might be more fair, but the other half of me thinks those who were hyped from day 1, or before day 1, should get first pick.
If everything is running smooth at Motomachi you ordering a car is actually better in ways. You would fill out reservation paperwork and send it out to a dealer, your car could be built and arrive before other people on a traditional dealer waitlist. Bare in mind there’s ALOT of variables.

It would benefit us, who’ve been following the car since day 1, over people who just saw the car for the first time a couple days ago. Lol.

But the GR Corolla is going by allocation anyways per Toyota. Which means we deal with other types of issues

After looking at the interiors of both Core and CE press pictures, they both look to have Alcantara. I’m going off on a limb here and say that the Alcantara seats are either standard across the board or part of the aforementioned Performance Package. Maybe the CE has red contrast stitching which is unique to that trim. Like I’d like a CE sure. But I’m not gonna be bummed if I have to ‘settle’ for a Core with the PP. I want the car. Full stop.
These are pre-production cars so some of those things aren’t final

I may get some hate for this comment, but IDGAF. Is it just me or was the unveiling a bit sloppy. I mean I get that they are prototype models, but there was so much confusion about mismatching parts, etc. Like i believe the CE had core seats, old style cluster, a friggin' EV button where the Intelligent manual button was suppose to be, etc. The core edition had CE seats, CE brake calipers, the correct 12" cluster, etc.
I mean, I could have waited a few more weeks for them to unveil the cars with the proper equipment inside of them.
Ehhh... Maybe I'm just being a bit picky.
It’s a product of shortages, time, the earthquake and etc. The fact they changed the “Launch” Edition into the Circuit Edition because they didn’t have enough time to make the projected cars at the end of the year kinda shows that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.