Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
‘21 Tundra - Cavalry Blue
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just grabbed a Trek Marlin 6 over the weekend to begin my journey in MTB riding.
I was a BMX punk as a kid and the go-to for fixing all the neighborhood kids bikes so bikes aren’t new to me, but hurling myself down a hill on one is 😂

What do y’all ride?
How do you carry them on your car/truck?

Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Land vehicle

·
Super Moderator
990 Posts
This is my commuter bike
Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel rim

This is my go to everywhere mtb.. Love this bike. But I sold it, been looking a new one.

I’d like to try the mondraker with full ohli
Bicycle Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel Tire Bicycle frame

I always hitch with my buddy who has a truck whenever we go out for a ride

·
Registered
'13 FR-S, '09 Yaris 5 Dr, '88 Celica All-Trac, '87 FX16, '83 FJ40, '69 Datsun 510, Suzuki XL-7
676 Posts
Long time rider, been riding MTB since its begining in the 80’s. Have two main bikes, Yeti SB140 and Fat Chance Chris Cross.
I either take front wheel and cram them inside the Yaris, or have a rack on rear of FRS that is a normal roof rack tray attached to custom machine stainless rods screwed into the tow hook points.
friends with pickups either just throw into bed, use a tailgate pad, or made a rack out of pvc pipe to hold bike up vertically in bed.

Bicycle Wheel Tire Sky Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

Wheel Bicycle Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Crankset

·
Registered
4 Posts
After experimenting with several techniques, I feel that the best way to transport my mountain bikes (that I got here btw) is on a Thule rear mounted tow bar carrier. This eliminates the drag/noise associated with roof carriers and eliminates the possibility of vehicle damage associated with carriers that attach to the back of the vehicle.
Unfortunately, my Toyota does not have a tow bar, but I have used the rear mounted carrier on my wife's car, which is really useful. With the bikes mounted, the rack may be slanted down to allow access to the back hatch.
We considered transporting the bikes in the rear of the car.

·
Registered
2016 Toyota 4Runner Trail Edition
157 Posts
I currently have a 2019 Cannondale F-Si Carbon 2, 2016 Cannondale Slate Ultegra, and 2016 Cannondale CAAD12 Ultegra. I'm waiting on a Scalpel SE that may never arrive, though. :(

1 - 20 of 56 Posts