Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stinger production is ending for good in April 2023.
Kia Stinger production ending in April 2023 - report
"The latest report out of Korea, from Auto Times, says production of the current Stinger will end in April 2023.

However, it says a replacement of sorts – a sleek, electric four-door coupe – will be launched in 2025 to keep the sports sedan flame alive in Kia’s line-up.

CarExpert reached out to Kia Australia, which offered no comment on the accuracy of the report or the Stinger’s future.

While Auto Times notes Kia has discontinued models in the Korean market due to slow sales that have survived in other markets, such as the Soul and Stonic, it says Kia “plans to completely stop producing the Stinger”.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I generally agree but the Stinger definitely felt different. The interior is pretty cozy (although my frame of reference has been Toyotas and Subarus so my standards are admittedly very low 😂)
I don’t disagree that it was a nice car but that was part of the problem, too nice to be a Kia. Kia buyers aren’t spending that kind of money no matter how nice. It should have been a Hyundai or Genesis so the more upscale vehicle fit the brand.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Does it really matter in the big picture if it's a Kia or a Hyundai, it's just a nice car.
Who cares what the badge says if it drives well, and you like it.
Personally I don't buy my cars by the badge it wears, but how it drives, handles, accelerates, fits me, accommodates my lifestyle.
Doesn’t matter to me either but we are in the minority. It certainly matters to a lot of people, especially the crowd spending $50k+ on a sedan.

·
Registered
204 Posts
. It should have been a Hyundai or Genesis so the more upscale vehicle fit the brand.
The car is a Genesis G70. Kia actually got the platform before Genesis did.

They sold the g70 with a performance pack that had manual trans, limited slip diff, bigger brakes, and some other changes for the first year or two. Downside is it only came with the 4 cylinder turbo which has lackluster acceleration in a car that heavy.

·
Banned
452 Posts
And what's your point? I'll pay $50k for any "special" Toyota car, no matter what trim before I ever drop 50 stacks on a friggin Kia.
Have you ever owned or even driven, even sat inside a Kia Stinger?
If not, then your point is not really relevant.
It's like me saying, "I really don't care for sushi" when I've never even tasted it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Have you ever owned or even driven, even sat inside a Kia Stinger?
If not, then your point is not really relevant.
It's like me saying, "I really don't care for sushi" when I've never even tasted it.
I actually have, I've even driven one. So my point is relevant, and I will stand by my previous comment. Anyone who drops $50K on a Kia is a moron.

·
Banned
15 Posts
Almost disturbing the level of hype here on the GRC and what people are prepared to pay for what is essentially still a Corolla.

Look guys if Toyota had come out with an all new platform with AWD a 2 liter 4 cylinder making 350hp and 6 MT out of the factory that looked amazing then hell yes you would get really excited, otherwise you need a reality check because there are other options.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts