Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
141 - 160 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Speaking of the Macan, really keeping an eye on their EV as well haha. I'm definitely all over the place
Taycans are amaaaaaaaazing cars but I simply can’t afford one. If I could I’d have had one in my driveway a long time ago…but then again I’m a shameless Porsche fanboy. I will occasionally see certified Macans pop up in the high 30s and at that price they’re pretty tempting.

I get that they’re SUVs but they’re just so well designed and I’d love to get into the brand at the ground floor. People can say ItS nOt A ReAl PoRsChE all they want but last I checked they’ve got the same crest on the hood and it’s always been the consensus that they’re the best drivers car in that segment.

·
Registered
2008 FJ, 2017 GT350R, 2020 RAV4 Hybrid
198 Posts
Taycans are amaaaaaaaazing cars but I simply can’t afford one. If I could I’d have had one in my driveway a long time ago…but then again I’m a shameless Porsche fanboy. I will occasionally see certified Macans pop up in the high 30s and at that price they’re pretty tempting.

I get that they’re SUVs but they’re just so well designed and I’d love to get into the brand at the ground floor. People can say ItS nOt A ReAl PoRsChE all they want but last I checked they’ve got the same crest on the hood and it’s always been the consensus that they’re the best drivers car in that segment.
Taycan is beautiful, but I'm talking the 2024 Macan EV.

·
Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
1,561 Posts
There is a guy who put basically the entirety of a 2018 STi into a 2013 Crosstrek and it was almost all bolt in. It would be a lot of work but if you get lucky finding a Crosstrek with a blown engine and a crashed STi it might be doable for cheapish.

I have seen a lot of WRX and STi-swapped Crosstreks but obviously would be way cooler from factory

·
Registered
☆ 1991 Celica GTFour RC ☆ 2000 Grand Cherokee ☆
217 Posts
Speaking of the Macan, really keeping an eye on their EV as well haha. I'm definitely all over the place
My list of potential cheaper/older cars to get to drive in the meantime (if the GRC ends up being really far out) is a bit all over the place too.

2WD Corolla hatch, IS350, Q50, Miata, 370Z, 350Z, FR-S, BRZ, Focus ST, Genesis, 335d, C class, Golf GTI...

·
Registered
63 Posts
If the GRC doesn't pan out I'll be going with GR86. The 86Cup and new toyota sponsored GR Cup are huge pluses for me. Id love to get into a car that I can reliably track in a spec series that has FR dynamics. Spec miata is way too competitive these days. People drop tens of thousands into eeking out 1.5 extra horsepower.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Lol I o
….how did we come to the conclusion that a 70k+ luxury rocket and an equally expensive luxury/sport truck that each absolutely chug gas and will cost a fortune to own are viable alternative options to a 40k ish 3 cylinder hot hatch? Lmao
I only brought it up because some of the cars I see being mentioned are far more expensive than a blackwing haha

·
Registered
31 Posts
I sat in a new wrx yesterday, msrp was 33k and it had a 3k adm on it too., Suburban Subaru in Vernon, CT is off my list for good. I actually like the looks of it and I fit in the driver seat pretty good. I first thought I would move up to golf r/a3/rs3/m240. But now If I can't get a GRC or if they price it to high I may just save the 10k-15k and get a base wrx for 30k. Heck if the market ever gets back to normal probably pick one up for 27k. I'm not sure paying 15k more for a grc will be worth it to me.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I sat in a new wrx yesterday, msrp was 33k and it had a 3k adm on it too., Suburban Subaru in Vernon, CT is off my list for good. I actually like the looks of it and I fit in the driver seat pretty good. I first thought I would move up to golf r/a3/rs3/m240. But now If I can't get a GRC or if they price it to high I may just save the 10k-15k and get a base wrx for 30k. Heck if the market ever gets back to normal probably pick one up for 27k. I'm not sure paying 15k more for a grc will be worth it to me.
I just saw one in person this morning at my complex and I still can’t get over the looks of the new one. Albeit they’re completely subjective I just hate the way they took it.
mess that 3k adm included in the 33k or was it 36k with that in total before tt&l

·
Super Moderator
1,287 Posts
You can actually walk into a dealer and order one too.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just saw one in person this morning at my complex and I still can’t get over the looks of the new one. Albeit they’re completely subjective I just hate the way they took it.
mess that 3k adm included in the 33k or was it 36k with that in total before tt&l
33k MSRP then an additional 3k ADM so 36k total. I don't care about any of the tech packages so a base car without moonroof is what I would get. With destination base price is 30,600 MSRP.

The only concern I would have is reliability. Every time I think of buying a used wrx/sti I start looking and then see all the motor replacements.

·
Registered
2020 WRX
5 Posts
M240i is my alternate, but I'm really starting to lean more toward that. I put an "order" in for one but it won't be allocated until July at earliest, so at this point I guess I'm just waiting for potential GRC information before I pull the trigger on the bimmer.

·
Super Moderator
421 Posts
M240i is my alternate, but I'm really starting to lean more toward that. I put an "order" in for one but it won't be allocated until July at earliest, so at this point I guess I'm just waiting for potential GRC information before I pull the trigger on the bimmer.
Don't expect any more official info until late July/early August.

·
Registered
219 Posts
God they just dropped the certified Macan I’ve been eyeing at a local dealership from 39.9 to 38.9. It’s getting pretty tempting. Has 45k on the clock and spent most of its life on the west coast according to the Carfax, and the owner kept up with the maintenance meticulously. Seems like a lot of car for that money, especially in today’s looney tunes market.

It could be a time bomb after the certified warranty runs out but that’d be a full two years down the road and I’m not as worried about it since it’s had all its preventative maintenance. I also only drive 7-8k miles a year so it’s not like it’ll be living a rough life.

·
Super Moderator
1,287 Posts
God they just dropped the certified Macan I’ve been eyeing at a local dealership from 39.9 to 38.9. It’s getting pretty tempting. Has 45k on the clock and spent most of its life on the west coast according to the Carfax, and the owner kept up with the maintenance meticulously. Seems like a lot of car for that money, especially in today’s looney tunes market.

It could be a time bomb after the certified warranty runs out but that’d be a full two years down the road and I’m not as worried about it since it’s had all its preventative maintenance. I also only drive 7-8k miles a year so it’s not like it’ll be living a rough life.
I mean. Always can get it and trade it in for the GRC down the road after all the hype subsides. Lol

·
Registered
219 Posts
I mean. Always can get it and trade it in for the GRC down the road after all the hype subsides. Lol
Lol my fiancée has basically said “this is the one time I’m going to let you jump cars before we’re married and kids are in the picture” since my GTI is only 2 years old/she and her family are “drive a car into the ground” folks. She doesn’t get it, but she tries to since I’m a huge gearhead and cars make me happy.

Whatever my move is will probably be it for several years. As I’ve wanted to own a Porsche since I was a kid, a Macan is temping. I’m almost hoping someone just scoops this one up so I can stop being tempted and get back to waiting for a GRC.

·
Super Moderator
1,287 Posts
Lol my fiancée has basically said “this is the one time I’m going to let you jump cars before we’re married and kids are in the picture” since my GTI is only 2 years old/she and her family are “drive a car into the ground” folks. She doesn’t get it, but she tries to since I’m a huge gearhead and cars make me happy.

Whatever my move is will probably be it for several years. As I’ve wanted to own a Porsche since I was a kid, a Macan is temping. I’m almost hoping someone just scoops this one up so I can stop being tempted and get back to waiting for a GRC.
In. The. Same. Boat. Brother. 😂😂

·
Registered
08 STI / 85 CB650SC Nighthawk (kinda cafe)
30 Posts
I honestly will keep driving my hatchback STI. The car is mostly reliable unless I break it and I’m familiar enough to keep it running forever. Newer Subarus don’t interest me, we have a 2022 WRX at work that I’ve put some time in and it’s just so bland to me. The one car I think I would be happy with is a newer 86, but after driving one around for a couple of weeks, it’s just not practical with a wife and an 8 year old, one of them is always uncomfortable. The car is an absolute blast to drive though.
I might convince my wife to trade her Elantra GT in for a SQ5 though.

141 - 160 of 173 Posts