Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys! I'll be joining this forum while we all wait for the GR Corolla to come out. And I'm hoping to be an active member of it since I'll be building the car once it is in my reach.

I'm the guy that almost got fired from work for posting the GR Corolla info on Reddit that confirmed it was going to have a rear seat delete 馃槀.

Im a Toyota salesman and crazy car guy planning on having the first gr Corolla in my state so let's get it boyssss yessir

Registered
Hello guys! I'll be joining this forum while we all wait for the GR Corolla to come out. And I'm hoping to be an active member of it since I'll be building the car once it is in my reach.

I'm the guy that almost got fired from work for posting the GR Corolla info on Reddit that confirmed it was going to have a rear seat delete 馃槀.

Im a Toyota salesman and crazy car guy planning on having the first gr Corolla in my state so let's get it boyssss yessir
Welcome!! Too bad you're in the states or I'd say put me down on your list of purchasing one of these.

I have been wanting a hot hatch after I've had my fun with the ZN6 Platform.

Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300

Welcome! Any idea as to when a reveal will happen? I've heard maybe this month or next from another salesman but he was very hush-hush about it of course

Registered

Wow I'm surprised Toyota is going to offer a rear seat delete. They're really serious about this being a proper hot hatch like the GR Yaris.

Super Moderator
Rear seat delete is a pretty wacky option for a 4 door car. This is a production spec option that made it past product planning?

Just seems like something that the US Gov wouldn't approve of lol.

Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
It's probably one of those things where they import it with seats and then take them out at the port and put whatever covering is needed to look nice. I'm sure the US government doesn't care as long as the seat belts are taken out or if you don't try and put any one back there. The Honda CR-Z had an option for rear seats but the normal non-seat ones had a label telling you not to put anyone back there

Super Moderator
Those are all 2+2 Coupes though. I'm struggling to think of a 4-door car with a rear seat delete in recent times. Just seems like it negates the necessity of the rear doors.
I'm hoping it's a 2 door, not a 4 door with 2 seats 馃槀
Hey if we get a 3 door Corolla hatch option, Guff has to let me drive the Supra 馃槀馃槶

Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
I'm hoping it's a 2 door, not a 4 door with 2 seats 馃槀
Highly unlikely but could you imagine how cool that'd be?! Be interesting if the rear seat delete basically locked the rear doors closed and they gutted the doors and put door cars in, however unlikely that is lol

Registered
Welcome. That's cool that they offer a rear seat delete on a 4 door but sounds a bit counter productive on a 4 door. I wonder if it's a temp rear seat delete that allows owners to go back and forth instead of having to choose one or the other when configuring one.

Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
Well that's why it's an option or package and not the base form. If you want 5 seater, you get a 5 seater. If you want all out performance at any cost, you get the package

Registered
In the time attack racing scene a lot of similar cars run rear seat deletes for weight savings. Of course it isn't common for production cars, but it isn't at all unheard of for those who want track performance. It would be a cool option to have for sure, but I would probably go for the seats.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.