Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Ownership Discussion banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts
Discussion starter · #41 ·
Kinda makes sense as Subaru prob owns all the tooling for the body and chassis.
Yeah the chassis itself is an old Impreza derived platform. It’s the only car that’s not part of Subaru’s Global Platform strategy so I’m sure they might get rid of it as well.

If Toyota does create a Corolla 86 using the IS platform that would be poetic since the IS was originally the brainchild of the AE86 chief engineer, Nobuaki Katayama.

Yeah the chassis itself is an old Impreza derived platform. It’s the only car that’s not part of Subaru’s Global Platform strategy so I’m sure they might get rid of it as well.

If Toyota does create a Corolla 86 using the IS platform that would be poetic since the IS was originally the brainchild of the AE86 chief engineer, Nobuaki Katayama.
Inject more H E R I T A G E into my veins pls, Sato-san.

Watch Toyota make a new even more desirable car before people have gotten over the hype and fear of missing out on this one and then everyone who was mad about not getting the GRC at a good price will be able to after all ... but will want the new car instead ;)

Discussion starter · #44 ·
Watch Toyota make a new even more desirable car before people have gotten over the hype and fear of missing out on this one and then everyone who was mad about not getting the GRC at a good price will be able to after all ... but will want the new car instead ;)
Whenever a new car comes out in general people latch onto it.

This is is terrible News for enthusiasts! Akio was the only CEO that was driving innovations to bringing traditional automotive fun into the future! Akio understood drivers and enthusiasts. This may possibly be the end of the manual transmission electric car, the hydrogen powered sports car, etc. I am so disappointed in his leaving.

Thank you Mr. Toyoda for all your efforts, you will sorely be missed And not forgotten!

@Jeonsa

Bringing it back home, I wonder what the implications will be for our beloved GR vehicles? Sorry guys, I’m pretty bummed, For me Akio was a the last shining light in a field of blackness. I had hoped that his efforts would bring our experiences to my boys as they become drivers….

Thank you Mr. Toyoda for all your efforts, you will sorely be missed And not forgotten!

@Jeonsa
He will remain chairman so all is not lost. Perhaps he wanted to step back from CEO duties so he can focus more on moderating this rowdy forum 😔

He will remain chairman so all is not lost. Perhaps he wanted to step back from CEO duties so he can focus more on moderating this rowdy forum 😔
THANK YOU!!!! I should have searched it before I posted. It is good to know that he is still with the company. I was REALLY bummed……reallly. Not so much now.🥳🥳🥳

HA! More Morizo time? I’m game!

41 - 58 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.