Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
08 STI / 85 CB650SC Nighthawk (kinda cafe)
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself! My name is Gregan and I'm an engineer / project manager for a company that makes performance parts for cars, mostly Subaru. The company is called FactionFab, and I can speak for the rest of the car world by saying that we're all super excited to get our hands on this car. However, this account is going to be strictly personal, I'm joining simply because I'm stoked. I'm traditionally a subaru guy, having owned 6 so far including a swapped / widebody GC, built Forester XT, plus a couple others. I currently drive an STI hatchback and have been patiently waiting to get into something newer that isn't another subaru. I work pretty extensively with the 2015+ WRX and STI and have thousands of street and track miles on them, but they don't really do it for me. Hoping the GR Corolla can bring back a bit of the rawness that Subaru left behind.

I'm located in Utah and have a deposit with 1 dealership, I was told I'm number 8 on the list.

A couple pics of my STI. Not a crazy build, more of an OEM+.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nice man, I also have Subaru, specifically a 2013 wrx hatch. And I have been waiting for a proper replacement for the rex. The GR, will totally fill my void. Also in the process of trying to address a cooling issue with my rex. So once that is fixed, I will be unloading the car and buying a GR. I put a deposit down and am currently number one on the list at my dealer. Already a toyota guy with a tacoma and RAV for the wife.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice man, I also have Subaru, specifically a 2013 wrx hatch. And I have been waiting for a proper replacement for the rex. The GR, will totally fill my void. Also in the process of trying to address a cooling issue with my rex. So once that is fixed, I will be unloading the car and buying a GR. I put a deposit down and am currently number one on the list at my dealer. Already a toyota guy with a tacoma and RAV for the wife.
If you need advice on the cooking issue, let me know. I know my way around them pretty well.

·
Premium Member
91 Sambar, 91 MR2, 96 Legnum
70 Posts
Welcome, Excited to see what you and the rest of the aftermarket comes up with. The best upgrades come from the most passionate people.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Had a 15 WRX up untilba few months ago! Ran some factionfab F-spec coils for a while actually, any chance they're looking into stuff for the GRC?

Excited to fill the hatch need that I never got to scratch!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Had a 15 WRX up untilba few months ago! Ran some factionfab F-spec coils for a while actually, any chance they're looking into stuff for the GRC?

Excited to fill the hatch need that I never got to scratch!
We’re absolutely looking at the GR Corolla at work, but with it being a completely new car here in the states, we don’t have any concrete plans on what we’re doing until we can get our hands on the car. In addition to my personal car, the company has it’s own deposit on one as well for permanent R&D.

Hope you enjoyed the F-Specs!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got a new daily for a few weeks. We picked one up at work and I get to do the break in. I absolutely love this car. If I didn’t need a back seat for my kid and AWD for the winter, I would totally be buying one. If the GR Corolla is half as good, I’ll be happy.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

1 - 10 of 10 Posts