Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
How much does getting a CE matter to you over a Core with the diffs?

Even going with the Core though, I expect it'll be incredibly hard to get a new one ever if you don't put your name down relatively soon, if it isn't over 70k that is.

·
Registered
45 Posts
How much does getting a CE matter to you over a Core with the diffs?

Even going with the Core though, I expect it'll be incredibly hard to get a new one ever if you don't put your name down relatively soon, if it isn't over 70k that is.
I have the cash so price is no object unless it gets silly. I just want a car with the one option, the best of everything. Probably the only compromise will be the colour.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well the biggest problem with the GRC Circuit Edition is if they decide to only run it for 12 months of production. I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing. Some it may appear to be good because they get a "Unique car" that very few people have but for me I would be more worried about parts and ongoing support for it.
This is exactly why I prefer to get a core with the pp and speaker upgrade rather than the CE.
Honestly the carbon roof and bonnet vents are not enough for me to spend up to an extra 10k

·
Registered
45 Posts
This is exactly why I prefer to get a core with the pp and speaker upgrade rather than the CE.
Honestly the carbon roof and bonnet vents are not enough for me to spend up to an extra 10k
Yes but that extra NZD10K has people drop out of the race for one. I can walk into a Merc dealer and order an AMG A45S tomorrow, put down a NZD$10k deposit and have it custom built with the colour I want and have it delivered in 6 to 8 months, why ? because it costs NZD$125K and people are not exactly queuing up to buy one.

Your probably also forgetting the leather seats. Pretty sure by the time you finish putting in all the options on the core to try and get it to the Circuit Edition the price difference is probably minimal. I would still pay an extra $5k for the roof and what is different about it to have the more exclusive "Circuit Edition" it is like the difference between the other versions of the MR2 and the top spec "GT" version

·
Registered
18 Posts
The seats are actually probably the only thing I'd really want from the CE. As far as I can tell the GRY just gets those seats anyway, so it's a bit disappointing the core has to make do with cloth.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The i20N or i30N looks great but its front wheel drive so no thanks.

I just signed up for a GR Corolla Circuit Edition. Dealer was happy to take all my details and more information will be known for our market in September 2022.

No deposit required here but they want to know where you live so I guess if you don't buy it they will come round and break your arm.
What dealer did you speak to?

61 - 70 of 70 Posts