What Is It?
But, WHAT is it?
British car, with the rolling chassis built in South Africa, then the drivetrain installed at its destination. Most Nobles made their way to the Europe, but 220 of the LHD models made it to the USA. No ABS, traction control, no airbags. It's basically a Porsche 914, but british.
Ok, so... what is in it?
All Nobles start life with a Ford V6 Duratec engine, with two garrett turbos added on, along with a few forged bits. The manual 6 spd transmission is sourced from the Euro-only Mondeo.
For the M400, standard power was 425hp, 390tq.
Because it was delivered with a Ford engine, it had problems. After enough of those problems, I set about to swap out the Ford and insert a K24 into the chassis.
Engine: Ford Duratec V6 with twin T28 turbos
Dynoed: 435whp / 400tq, Mustang Dyno, 91
Curb Weight: 2450lbs
Effective lb/hp: 5.63lbs/hp
Engine - Honda K24A2 with a single GTX35R, twin scroll, 1.06AR, T4 Mount
Dynoed - 610whp / 485tq, Mustang Dyno, E85; 450whp/409tq, Dynojet, 91
Curb Weight: 2348lbs
Effective lb/hp: 3.84lbs/hp
- JDM K24A
- CP Pistons, 87MM, 10:1
- Manly Turbo Tuff i-beam Con rods
- Darton MID sleeves, rods, pistons, crank blueprinted/balanced, all installed by Darton
- Drag Cartel 2.2 Camshafts
- Supertech complete valvetrain (valves, springs, locks, keepers, guides, seals)
- Headwork built by Fuchs Cylinder Heads in Las Vegas
- Honda OEM headgasket
- L19 headbolts
- Kpro V4 ECU
- KTuned Upper Coolant Adapter
- KTuned Thermostat Housing V2
- KTuned RBC Adapter
- Engine harness custom made with milspec TXL wiring, sheathing, heatshrink, and a circular disconnect, using all new honda connectors and pins; Made by me
- Moroso Road Race oil pan
- K20A Oil Pump, balance shafts removed
- RSX VTC Gear, pinned to 45'.
Intake / Fuel
- GTX35R twin-scroll, 1.06AR turbo
- TurboSmart GenV ProGate, 50mm Wastegate
- Custom Manifold by VirtualWorks in Las Vegas (of Supra and GTR fame)
- Custom Exhaust, built by me
- Custom Downpipe, built by me
- Spoon 70mm throttle body
- RBC Intake Manifold, ported to match TB.
- 1300CC Injector Dynamics
- Karcepts Fuel Rail
- DW350il fuel pump
- Synapse BOV
- Noble factory intercooler
- Quaife Sequential Transmission, QKE8J
- Geartronics flatshift Gearbox Control Unit, loadcell, and display
- Drive Shaft Shop custom length axles, CV joints, and hubs
- Exedy Twin-Disk Clutch and flywheel (hm032sbl)
- Clutch Master hydraulic release bearing
- Blox Oil filter relocation kit
- Dry break oil line connectors
- Dry break clutch line connector
- Dry break fuel line connector
- Dry break gearbox cooler connector
- Stainless Steel AN lines for oil, fuel, and clutch throughout
- Aluminum hardlines for turbo coolant lines, replacing the silicone lines
- Front mount Setrab Oil Cooler, removed side pod oil cooler
- Converted from 4x108 to 5x114.3 using Mazda3 hubs
- Konig Dekagram 18x8.5 +35 Fronts, 18x9.5 +35 Rears -- Street Wheels
- Kansei KNP 17x9 +22 -- Race Wheels
- ARP extended studs on all corners
- Porsche hub nuts
- AEM CD7LG dash
- Redesign of center console, removed gauges, moved HVAC controls lower, relocated radio to center. HVAC temp gauge is now drive-by-wire vs cabled
- AIM Solo2DL
- Simpson 6 point harnesses dr/pass
- Fire suppression system, 3 port.
- APR GTC500 wing, added LED brake light
- Difflow diffuser
[Pictures to Follow]