Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wonder what the insurance premium is on one of those....馃

Registered
That鈥檚 the R. Expensive, few built, etc. Most owners are like Gazoo, V4 Pan or V4S. GP bikes are at 300HP and lighter so the HP is really no big deal for those of us who ride. Once they hit 180 to the rear wheel, the additional HP is all pretty much constrained/controlled by electronics.

I鈥檓 happy for the Ducatistas. If Bags can ride smart, not make any bonehead mistakes at Sepang this weekend or Valencia next month he鈥檒l nab the title. And since he鈥檚 a VR|46 Academy member, I鈥檓 rooting for him all the way to that Valencia finish line.

@gazoo If anything goes south on the GRC deposit I have, the Ducati dealer is 2 miles away and that V4S will be yelling my name :D I have a super modified crossplane R1, Valentino edition the one year Yamaha did it with Ohlins, Brembo everything, makes 170 RWHP. It鈥檚 so good it stopped me from buying new bikes since no TC or electronics. Furusawasan really outdid himself. It rides exactly like a 90 degree V4. I also own a Honda V4 in the garage. The Ducati would be the trifecta.

Registered
Very impressive. I have a 2013 1199 S that offered the ABS as new technology. Now my DES electronic suspension no longer works and I swapped out the forks for the static NIX Ohlins caps and bypassed the DES. Ducati is very fancy at marketing.

It's 40K but not until you get the super expensive exhaust package and special Shell oil, then one can get 240HP. Much better then an overpriced SL but I can't imagine how fun this bike would be to ride on the track and with the smoother V4 engine The L twins are not easy to ride.

Banned

Banned
Took a Ducati Panigale 959 for a test ride and hated everything about it.

The sound of a v twin sucks, the shifter sucked and that engine configuration cooks your crutch. Its like a Euro car, people buy a Ducati for the status and put up with all the shit that goes with it because its "Cool".

Save yourself a whole pile of money for something better and get a Japanese bike with an inline 4 cylinder.

Registered
You actually think the sound of a V-twin is as good as a high revving inline 4?
If that's the case, then you will also prefer the sound of the current turbo F1 cars over the NA V12 screamers of the past.
A Vee has a constant power pulse on the rear tire. So the sound is wary different. Inline 4鈥檚 do not with the exception of the crossplane Yamaha 4. Yes a V sounds better, V-twin, V4. All day over a screamer inline 4. It鈥檚 why a V6 or V8 sounds better than an inline 4 In a cage.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts