Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My favorite car so far is my 2018 4runner as I do a lot of offroading(usually high speed fire roads and mud), hunting, ice fishing and camping(usually in winter only from 50 to -25 degrees). I appreciate its reliable simplicity but wish it got more mpg. It continues to serve its purpose without any hiccups though so I cannot complain at all and every time I drive or offroad it, I remember why I love it so much.

2018 4runner TRD Offroad Premium

Interior:
Full LED's
Rear leveling platform with fridge slide and Alpicool LG CF45
always on rear 12v outlet for fridge with 8GA feed
switches 12v and USB outlets with 8GA feed
BPF Rear Molle panels
MB Quart 1500 watt amp
dual Sundown SA-8's
Victory 4x4 center console molle panels

Exterior:
Warn hybrid front bumper
SSO roof rack
BD squadron sport fogs
BD S2 pro ditch lights
BD 20" S8 in grill
TRD Pro Grill
Tyger Auto steps
2x BD S2 sports in sides of rack
BD Sqaudron Pros on rear
BD S2 sports on rear
Smittybilt XL RTT
Badlands 12k synthetic winch with Agency6 hook
Bilstein 5100s with OME 2" lift springs front and rear
Dirt King UCA
Summit Offroad Raptors with KO2 33's
Morimoto HID's

Engine Bay:
custom dual AGM Battery setup
ARB Twin Compressor
Magnuson blower
TRD Intake
URD Y Pipe
Switchpros 9100
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive air manifold Vehicle Automotive design

·
Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
1,840 Posts
If I had a family or the FJ didn't exist, I'd have a 4Runner still. How do you like the Smittybilt RTT? Been looking at getting the 2-3 person for my rig

Reactions: jdm-v35

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I had a family or the FJ didn't exist, I'd have a 4Runner still. How do you like the Smittybilt RTT? Been looking at getting the 2-3 person for my rig
It's been great. I have the XL version and have used it in temps between -10 and 100 degrees, in snow rain etc and its been perfect. it is identical to the 23zero and other brand. I am pretty sure they all come from the same factory with different colors or branding.

·
Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
1,840 Posts
It's been great. I have the XL version and have used it in temps between -10 and 100 degrees, in snow rain etc and its been perfect. it is identical to the 23zero and other brand. I am pretty sure they all come from the same factory with different colors or branding.
Most likely haha. They all look the same around that price range. Been looking between the 23zero, Thule Tepui, Tuff Stuff Delta Overland, and the Smittybilt Gen2. I have a Bajarack and support says the Smitty will fit but they aren't on the "compatable tent" page so I'm unsure. My rack is also very low to the roof which makes things annoying

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most likely haha. They all look the same around that price range. Been looking between the 23zero, Thule Tupei, Tuff Stuff Delta Overland, and the Smittybilt Gen2. I have a Bajarack and support says the Smitty will fit but they aren't on the "compatable tent" page so I'm unsure. My rack is also very low to the roof which makes things annoying
All the tents should work fine as long as it is not too long for the roof front to rear. It is just that with the baja, it is a tube construction so you need to either find mounts specific the the tubes, or clamp the tent to the tubes. the SSO is extruded aluminum cross bars so i clamped the tent to that, and as you can see in the pic I remove the entire bars with the tent using a ceiling mounted winch so I don't drive with it unless I need it. 23zero and smittybilt are definitely the same. the tepui is very similar except for the tope windows I think; but the tepui branded inner insulation is even a direct fit to the smittybilt tents.

·
Registered
2008 FJ, 2022 GR Supra, 2020 RAV4 Hybrid
300 Posts
All the tents should work fine as long as it is not too long for the roof front to rear. It is just that with the baja, it is a tube construction so you need to either find mounts specific the the tubes, or clamp the tent to the tubes. the SSO is extruded aluminum cross bars so i clamped the tent to that, and as you can see in the pic I remove the entire bars with the tent using a ceiling mounted winch so I don't drive with it unless I need it. 23zero and smittybilt are definitely the same. the tepui is very similar except for the tope windows I think; but the tepui branded inner insulation is even a direct fit to the smittybilt tents.
That's a great system (& great looking 4runner btw!). I sold a Tuff Stuff tent to a guy who's rack crossbars detached from the frame. Made me want to ditch my roof rack just for that, incredibly convenient.

·
Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
1,840 Posts
Yeah that's what I thought. Bajarack has their own clamps specifically for their setup so it's easy. My dad has a Yakima he clamps to his rack

·
Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
1,840 Posts
I've been looking at the URD one for my rig for a bit. The Magnuson has gone up so much. Just looked now though and the URD is higher than the Magnuson. Can't wait for things to go back down

·
Registered
‘21 Tundra - Cavalry Blue
229 Posts
I've been looking at the URD one for my rig for a bit. The Magnuson has gone up so much. Just looked now though and the URD is higher than the Magnuson. Can't wait for things to go back down
It’s insane the cost of those things (and everything right now), if money was no object I’d have a supercharger on the tundra for sure!

·
Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
1,840 Posts
It’s insane the cost of those things (and everything right now), if money was no object I’d have a supercharger on the tundra for sure!
Back when I got the FJ, the Magnuson was like $4.5k. Now it's $7k. Just a few months ago the URD was like $5k and now it's $7.5k. Really wish I boosted it back then. I will say that the URD has more claimed HP and TRQ at least

·
Registered
‘21 Tundra - Cavalry Blue
229 Posts
Back when I got the FJ, the Magnuson was like $4.5k. Now it's $7k. Just a few months ago the URD was like $5k and now it's $7.5k. Really wish I boosted it back then. I will say that the URD has more claimed HP and TRQ at least
It’s an insane cost for the relatively modest bump in power. I wish it was a little more reasonable because that little bump would be fun!

·
Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
1,840 Posts
It’s an insane cost for the relatively modest bump in power. I wish it was a little more reasonable because that little bump would be fun!
That's the main reason I was looking at the URD. The Magnuson claims 30% more HP and 28% more TRQ but on my 11, that's only 348.4hp and 346.88 lb-ft at the crank (~80hp and ~76lb-ft increase). The URD claims a peak gain of 123 hp and 93 lb-ft at the wheels with a max gain of 133hp and 120 lb-ft at the wheels.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How do you like that magnuson SC? 👀
Every 4R I’ve driven was amazing aside from the lack of power
It is how it should have came from the factory. OEM-like install, OEM quality and not crazy power, but I never need to floor it in the mountains anymore since I drive typically between 6500-13000 feet elevation. I would say the power feel is similar to a stock 6.2L Sierra. It provides 70hp/tq gain at the wheels, which at the engine is like 100hp/tq. The URD puts out more powerful but is less-OEM and and is not emissions approved. You "May" be able to pass, but since I have emissiosn here in colorado it was easier to go magnuson.

·
Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
1,840 Posts
It is how it should have came from the factory. OEM-like install, OEM quality and not crazy power, but I never need to floor it in the mountains anymore since I drive typically between 6500-13000 feet elevation. I would say the power feel is similar to a stock 6.2L Sierra. It provides 70hp/tq gain at the wheels, which at the engine is like 100hp/tq. The URD puts out more powerful but is less-OEM and and is not emissions approved. You "May" be able to pass, but since I have emissiosn here in colorado it was easier to go magnuson.
That's what I like about the Mag. They made the OE TRD superchargers afterall, so they know what they're doing. I forget if the TRD CAI works with the URD but I know it does with the Mag

Reactions: jdm-v35

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's what I like about the Mag. They made the OE TRD superchargers afterall, so they know what they're doing. I forget if the TRD CAI works with the URD but I know it does with the Mag
the URD needs to use OEM airbox as it changes the piping and doesnt have its own MAF bung so theres no other options(not that it matters much). You also need to change fuel pump, injectors and it requires a piggyback to run the URD. the magnuson uses only an ECU reflash.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts